Dillard's Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Easy, filled out application at website and took an aptitude test. Was called and met with the Assistant Store Manager. Received an offer the next day. I then started the next week on training which lasted three weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a couple days later to schedule an interview. I went to the interview the next day and it went VERY well. The questions were all easy and had mostly to do with my past work experience and education. I met with two managers and they were both impressed with my application. They basically wanted to hired me on the spot. I, however, didn't like how sales heavy the company was (something I didn't know about until after I scheduled the interview) and followed my gut and declined the offer the next day. The interview was itself was easy and the managers were quite friendly. It was a positive interview that got me experience if nothing else.

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Clearwater, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called for a first interview and went on a Monday morning. When you arrive customer service will call for an on-duty manager to conduct the interview. Basically this is like a department manager and anyone that's available can do the interview She asked the typical interview questions and then asked if I could come back for a second interview with the assistant store manager which I did the next day and I was offered the job during that interview and a background check was conducted also

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Brandon, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Short and pleasant. Asked what area I previously worked and had experience with but was only put in this area for 2 weeks then moved to an area I was unfamiliar with and had no training nor received any.

Interview Questions

• When could I start and was I flexible with scheduling.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillard's (Clearwater, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very brief and pretty easy. Granted I was being hired during the holiday season but not as a seasonal worker. The interview was formal but very easy and breezy. Usually it is a 2 interview process but I only had one with the store manager.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillard's (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Asked me about what I did in my past job and how I could grow from that. Also wanted to know how I herd about the job and if I was referred by anyone that worked for the company.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It was very easy to apply, the interview process was a breeze. Great company. The area where i took my online computer test was quiet. The staff was very friendly. The manager who hired me was nice enough. I really enjoyed working here. The people were nice and the work environment was easy going. I worked in the men's cologne department. We had nice benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Very smonth interview. Manager was very nice, honest and easy to talk to. Great interview experience. He spoke about the company and asked where I would be a good fit as far as department.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Call you in, sit you down, and explain to you how it works at Dillard's, and ask if your interested in the position. They'll ask basic standard questions, and questions about preference on what are you'd like to work in, if you get the position. If they like you, they'll call you for a second interview which is more like a brief overview of what will be expected of you if get the job

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for Dillard's"   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillard's (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview first since I did not live in the same city. After that I did an in person interview. I interviewed with four different people two at a time. After talking with friends though we all had very different interview experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate