Dimension Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dimension Data Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.1

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dimension Data.

Interview

It was long and a lot of people involved to find that they weren't really hiring for the position I applied for. They are disrespectful to candidates with the time wasted during the interview process.

Client Renewals Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I was approached about this job by Ajilon, a staffing agency, and felt like it would be a great opportunity to look into. I took an excel test by "Prove It!", made a 93, and then Ajilon submitted my test results, along with my resume, to the company for review. Dimension Data scheduled an interview with me for the following week.

It was then that I found out the staffing agency reworked my resume, without my consent, and asked that I be sure to bring copies of that one to the interview. That didn't set very well with me. Then, the day prior to the interview, both the recruiter and her manager felt the need to "prep me" for how to conduct myself (like I'm some greenhorn fresh out of college). It all felt very contrived.

When I actually arrived for the interview, the office receptionist was not very engaged and didn't seem highly approachable as she was listening to something by way of an ear bud stuck in her left ear. She seemed shocked when I told her I had an interview with the hiring VP at 10:30 and then proceeded to tell me she was told to expect someone for 11:00. Luckily I was still seen at 10:32 but I felt rather embarrassed to think my recruiter possibly gave me the wrong information.

Meeting with the VP was great. I learned a lot more about the position and felt very comfortable going over my resume with her. After our chat, she gave me one of her cards and asked me to not hesitate in contacting her if I think of anything else I'd like to ask.

After that, I met with two people who work within the renewals department. I'll not disclose their names but it was one man and one woman. They took themselves entirely too seriously and I found their attitudes to be rather patronizing. I continued to be myself, however, as I wasn't about to let these people get to me.

The total interview took a full hour and then I was on my way.

Ultimately, I was not given an offer because I "didn't seem interested enough", my "personality wasn't quite the right fit for the department", and "my technical skills weren't strong enough". I honestly think this all reflects more on the recruiter. They stated my excel score was great (93/100), and said my skill set was a good match for the position. I also know I conducted myself in a jovial and professional manner and was honest about why I decided to interview there. I said that I am very happy where I am but the position was proposed to me by the recruiter and, since it piqued my interest, I felt it would be good to pursue and learn more about the job.

There's likely something I'm not being told but, that's okay. I'm too fun and creative to work for a group of people who take themselves so seriously.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself in excel?   1 Answer

Senior Service Delivery Manager Interview

Interview

Beware! This company wants you to divulge proprietary information of your current or past employers.

Questions were asked regarding customer annual spend.
    Questions were asked regarding specific network hardware used by customer and employer networks.

Interview Questions

• What was the annual spend of xyz company?   1 Answer

Strategic Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was grueling, 11 separate interviews with peers, managers, VP's and C level. This was all good because you could see they were trying to hire the top talent. As I understood at the time, they had interviewed 105 candidates, prior to hiring me for the role. The interview was a series of one-on-one conversations, and a single instance of a panel where I was asked to do a presentation. My final one-on-one interviews were with the Area Vice President and the Sr. VP of Americas.

Interview Questions

• To deliver a presentation on any topic I chose.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dimension Data.

Interview

Very thorough, each interview was deliberate and well thought out. The cadence was much faster than most companies this size, I appreciated not having to go weeks between steps. Feedback was provided at the end of each interview. HR was very proactive in reaching out to initiate next steps and very fast to respond to the few questions I had. Very smart people who cared about my experience through the process. They set the stage very well for joining the company.

Interview Questions

• Understanding of architecture levels and my self rated competencies at each.   Answer Question
    • Explain the Internet to a child in 3 sentences or less.   1 Answer
    • How would you convey a technology solution to a C suite, what diagrams would you use and why.   Answer Question
    • What techniques and strategies do you use to communicate initiatives between the business and technology.   Answer Question
    • What techniques do you use to set and maintain expectations and to ultimately determine successfullness of a project to manage client's expectations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is 90% with your HR advocate. Dimension Data was very candid throughout the process, there was no game playing. The bonus structure is loverly in that it reflects both your individual successes and the company's. The salary is quite fair, competitive. The total compensation is reflective of wanting me to succeed. Health care costs are not as high as I expected given the current debacle of Health care in the states today so kudos to the company for taking a lot of that financial burden away from the employees.

Vice President of Cloud Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Herndon, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and one in person. It started with a Talent Acquisition manager doing the first screening. The hiring manager then interviewed me. There was then two managers of different divisions that talked to me about my background and explained the role and the another interview was scheduled via phone. It took a while for them to follow back up on the roles. This is actually typical the hiring process seems to take a decent amount of time

SDM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

4 phone calls - 1 in person interview. Made it through everything but was just told they were looking for other candidates. No explanation about what I could have done better or what they were looking for that I did not have. Recruiter was less than helpful.

Other SDM's were very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• All related to Service Delivery - working with teams and customer facing services.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dimension Data (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screening from HR. I was then interviewed by the hiring manager, an engineer from the team, an account manager, and the vice president of engineering. The actual interviewing process was pleasant. Every interview that I had went well. Initially I was given a verbal offer but after a month of hearing that an actual offer was coming, I was told that the position that I had been interviewing for had been put on hold indefinitely.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimension Data (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The agent set up the interview , the first one was , practical , the second I had to meet and chat with the senior managers . The interview process was very humane . I got the feeling that I was talking to reasoning humans , instead of being made to juggle 10 balls , like at other starts-up interviews. After 2 interviews I had the job.