Dimension Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dimension Data Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dimension Data.

Interview

The interview process had two meetings : the first one with the HR representative, asking about personal goals and vision of projects and your place within a large group.
    The second interview involved technical and process managers. Interview focused on technical questions and experiences as well as customer and work environment presentation.

Welcoming and pleasant people.

Proactive Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dimension Data.

Interview

An internal recruiter with Dimension Data contacted me based on my resume on the job boards. The job description was right in my wheelhouse. I had a nice interview with the hiring manager. Sounded like a perfect fit. The job was not far off from the work I have been doing for the past several years for one of their competitors. The next interview was with the hiring manager, a team member, and other managers. They asked a few technical questions and some typical “How do you handle this situation” type questions. I answered the questions and found the technical ones to be easy. The other questions were a little harder. I also gave examples of work I've done in the past that matches the job description.

The feedback from them the next day said I came off as "cocky" and they weren’t going to proceed. I think they're mistaking confidence about the fact that I felt like a perfect fit based on my past experience as being "cocky”.

I ended up accepting a similar role with the market leader in this industry. So it was a blessing in disguise anyway.

My constructive feedback for them. If you want to be a leader in this industry instead of an also ran. You should learn the difference between being cocky and being confident in the fact that I can leverage my past experience doing very similar work for your competitors at a high level for several years.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an upset client   1 Answer

Senior Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dimension Data.

Interview

Three meetings and both went well (I asked at the end), short listed quickly, told I had all the skills required and a good cultural fit. I don't mind I didn't get the role but it's offensive that no one ever had the courtesy to get back to me at all. Follow up was ignored.
    Even if the interviewers lied and I was crap :-), they could at least have enough respect to say so. I am well respected in IT industry with excellent referencable track record.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

several phone interviews focused largely on asking me what i dont know. they were checking for the courage to not lie or fake answers and willingness to learn. finally flew me out to in person interview to see my in person skills, ask what my weaknesses are, etc. no bad cop

Interview Questions

• what do yo perceive as your weakness?   1 Answer

IS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick, direct, detail and outlined specifics. Reviews skill sets, hours, products and services order. Reviewed software capability. Availability. Detailed outline of resume, dollars amount of orders processed previously. Reviewed vendors Cisco and smart net

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dimension Data.

Interview

It was long and a lot of people involved to find that they weren't really hiring for the position I applied for. They are disrespectful to candidates with the time wasted during the interview process.

Client Renewals Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I was approached about this job by Ajilon, a staffing agency, and felt like it would be a great opportunity to look into. I took an excel test by "Prove It!", made a 93, and then Ajilon submitted my test results, along with my resume, to the company for review. Dimension Data scheduled an interview with me for the following week.

It was then that I found out the staffing agency reworked my resume, without my consent, and asked that I be sure to bring copies of that one to the interview. That didn't set very well with me. Then, the day prior to the interview, both the recruiter and her manager felt the need to "prep me" for how to conduct myself (like I'm some greenhorn fresh out of college). It all felt very contrived.

When I actually arrived for the interview, the office receptionist was not very engaged and didn't seem highly approachable as she was listening to something by way of an ear bud stuck in her left ear. She seemed shocked when I told her I had an interview with the hiring VP at 10:30 and then proceeded to tell me she was told to expect someone for 11:00. Luckily I was still seen at 10:32 but I felt rather embarrassed to think my recruiter possibly gave me the wrong information.

Meeting with the VP was great. I learned a lot more about the position and felt very comfortable going over my resume with her. After our chat, she gave me one of her cards and asked me to not hesitate in contacting her if I think of anything else I'd like to ask.

After that, I met with two people who work within the renewals department. I'll not disclose their names but it was one man and one woman. They took themselves entirely too seriously and I found their attitudes to be rather patronizing. I continued to be myself, however, as I wasn't about to let these people get to me.

The total interview took a full hour and then I was on my way.

Ultimately, I was not given an offer because I "didn't seem interested enough", my "personality wasn't quite the right fit for the department", and "my technical skills weren't strong enough". I honestly think this all reflects more on the recruiter. They stated my excel score was great (93/100), and said my skill set was a good match for the position. I also know I conducted myself in a jovial and professional manner and was honest about why I decided to interview there. I said that I am very happy where I am but the position was proposed to me by the recruiter and, since it piqued my interest, I felt it would be good to pursue and learn more about the job.

There's likely something I'm not being told but, that's okay. I'm too fun and creative to work for a group of people who take themselves so seriously.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself in excel?   1 Answer

Renewal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Went through staffing agency- Was interviewed by two people and then the VP. There was an excel test in the interview. No specific questions were asked, more about my past experience and walk them through my resume. Started the job with in weeks time

Senior Service Delivery Manager Interview

Interview

Beware! This company wants you to divulge proprietary information of your current or past employers.

Questions were asked regarding customer annual spend.
    Questions were asked regarding specific network hardware used by customer and employer networks.

Interview Questions

• What was the annual spend of xyz company?   1 Answer

Strategic Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was grueling, 11 separate interviews with peers, managers, VP's and C level. This was all good because you could see they were trying to hire the top talent. As I understood at the time, they had interviewed 105 candidates, prior to hiring me for the role. The interview was a series of one-on-one conversations, and a single instance of a panel where I was asked to do a presentation. My final one-on-one interviews were with the Area Vice President and the Sr. VP of Americas.

Interview Questions

• To deliver a presentation on any topic I chose.   1 Answer