Dimension Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Reston, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

Had a call with the internal recruiter. Went through my resume extensively. Walked them through my relevant experience and how it fit with the position I was applying for. Scheduled 3 interviews with Hiring manager, Client Manager and Director of Pre-sales.

Spoke to Tim Orrell and Bryce Stokes-Grow. They were both very professional and punctual. They were organized and accommodating with my tight schedule. Great folks to interview with.

Learning & Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Framingham, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

The whole process was professional from beginning to end. Shortly after I applied, I received an e-mail and a phone call from an HR representative inviting me to an interview. The HR representative was very courteous, professional, and very persistent in trying to reach me (not an easy task).

The first interview was very pleasant and professional. It was more of collaborated discussion than a one way conversation. The interviewer was the hiring VP who was very competent in the domain. She was mostly interested in my background, experiences, and what do I know about the company. The second interview with the manager being replaced was also very pleasant and professional. In addition to a collaborated discussion it also focused on experiences and handling of situations in the previous jobs.

Although I got a sense that employee’s work very hard and there are challenges, it did not surprise me. Where can you work today with no challenges? I was especially interested in the company culture since I am looking to leave my current employer with its rigid and hierarchical structure and the culture that goes along with it. It would have been more helpful to me to have exposure to company culture by talking with others. Unfortunately, I was not selected for the job or presented with an offer, however, at least the HR representative followed up with an email letting me know. If DD makes sure to follow up with candidates regardless of whether they got the position or not, it means to me that they care and pay attention to details.

I will not hesitate to apply again to a similar position if one opens up.

Lead Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dimension Data in April 2013.

Interview

The recruiter called me stating that there were lead engineering positions available. I was interested and decided to go through the hiring process. I was interviewed by there people, initially by the manager of the group who did the technical screen. Based on this I was called in to their local office for a video session for two more interviews. The feedback was very positive. A third telephone interview was conducted by the WAN Technical Manager, and she also provided a positive review of my assessment and skills. Two more interviews were planned. Before the fourth and fifth interview, I has asked to take the psychological examination for gauge my style of character.
    The fourth interview was conducted by the Managing Technical Consultant, the Network Architecture. I was not impressed with the questions that he asked. There were many network scenario questions that needed to be clarified and more details provided. When I asked for clarifications on the drawing that was verbally translated to me, he seemed to get aggressive. One of the questions was an EIGRP question, asking how would you manipulate two prefixes so that one prefix prefixes one link over the other. I mentioned that the EIGRP metric can be manipulated to make this decision. He mentioned that the answer was bandwidth and delay, and being at the level that I was at he expected a better answer. The question was basically a stupid question because if one manipulates prefixes by changing the delay on a link, all prefixes are manipulated, not just one. I also mentioned that I had not worked with EIGRP for almost 10 years. That was when we got defensive and aggressive, bordering on being hostile saying that a CCIE should know the the answer to the question. Well if he drew the diagram on the board and explained the scenario it could have been clearer.
    This interview should not have been conducted telephonicaly. The feedback from the recruiter was that the position that I was interviewing for was a Systems Engineer and not a Lead Network Engineer, hence I was considered not suitable for position. Of the five questions that I was asked I got three right, and the other two questions were not fair questions anyway.
    Dimension Data just wasted my time and money having to drive to their office and taking time off work to interview. I am not sure why everything turned sour after the fourth. I believe that they were dishonest in the dealing with.

Interview Questions

• The MPLS scenario question was a curve ball. I still cannot understand the question. It is difficult to ask scenario in a telephone interview.   1 Answer

Client Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimension Data.

Interview

When they are interested they pursue through recruiters very intensely. Your first interview will be via the phone and you are given an opportunity to interview for the position, which will also include a Powerpoint presentation of your determination of what the Value Proposition is for selecting Dimension Data as your Value Added Reseller of choice.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the differentiator between Dimension Data and it's competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't accept it unless it frames the commitment the organization is making in regards to your training and development and a complete comprehensive description of your compensation structure.

IS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick, direct, detail and outlined specifics. Reviews skill sets, hours, products and services order. Reviewed software capability. Availability. Detailed outline of resume, dollars amount of orders processed previously. Reviewed vendors Cisco and smart net

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

several phone interviews focused largely on asking me what i dont know. they were checking for the courage to not lie or fake answers and willingness to learn. finally flew me out to in person interview to see my in person skills, ask what my weaknesses are, etc. no bad cop

Interview Questions

• what do yo perceive as your weakness?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dimension Data.

Interview

HR phone screen, followed my manager phone screen, followed by face-to-face and video interviews. Final interview with three leaders, including a focus on behavioral interview questions. Very thorough background/reference checks.

Interview Questions

• Many of the behavioral questions were challenging.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer, counter-offer, agreement.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Ashburn, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

No organization during the interview process. No human resource representative was in the interview as well. The interviewer was being defensive, confusing questions and no real format to the interview. Not to mention, I think they answered a question they were asking me and then asked me the question again?
     At that point, I told them I didn't know.
    If this is an interview that is this bad, then it seems this would be a normal day to them in the office. And I felt at that time not to bother with answering their questions about IP addressing.

The office atmosphere has got to be hazardous to your health with 10 hour normal work days Not to mention the no training for the position and the hire/ fire mentality. Why would anyone want to go into that atmosphere.

Technical Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dimension Data (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone calls. Many of them. Unknown with home next. It could be the janitor, seriously. Extremely disorganized. The HR Branch called me to find out if I knew who is interviewing me next!! Can you imagine that? Since one department does talk to the other, the recruiter does not either.
    Did I mention disorganized? now comes the wait. You wait forever, they basically make you do so because they either have another candidate, or the next guy interviewing you is too high up the food chain to think you are worth it. Not you, but the guys who requested him in a total CYA move to get him to talk to you. OR he is kissing the higher-up you-know-what so he gets that promotion or respect. Remember, this is a small'ish company and you should not have that much politicking around. Overall, if the silence is over a week in your interview, you can assume that you are not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Hardest Project and how you Handled it!! Bored' m...   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dimension Data (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was extraordinary long. It took about four months total with many levels of interviews. In addition to the numerous interviews, Dimension Data had the requirement is the Develpoment of a business plan in which a separate was scheduled to present the plan. Another requirement was online testing. The background check was abnormally ridged in which I had to argue my high school graduation date. My school had been destroyed and the start date was accurate, but the graduation date was a year too early. This should not have been an issue for three reasons. First, according to the school records, I graduated four years of high school in three years. Second, I have been in my profession for over 20 years. Finally, I graduated from high school over 30 years ago and this should have been irrelevant. If you apply, be patient.

Interview Questions

• Will you present a business plan?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation when I asked