Dimensional Fund Advisors Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dimensional Fund Advisors Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Dimensional Fund Advisors

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

On campus recruiting for associate in financial advisor services.
1st round in person, second round at HQ in Austin.
1st round is with 1 HR person and 1 person from department. Second round is with 4 or 5 people who work in the FAS department. Pretty standard fit stuff, basic understanding of what Dimensional's strategy is (Five factor model or 3 factor model).

Interview Questions

• Why Dimensional? Why FAS? Mostly fit but need to know what their strategies or philosophy generally is   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dimensional Fund Advisors

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very easy, They are looking for fit more than anything else. Does your investment philosophy match theirs? (Or can you pretend it does) and are you a bro. It helps if you can talk about a sport. Everyone here loves sports. If you can talk about football specially.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

Contact from HR to meet at an academic conference. I attended a networking event and interviewed with DFA there. The HR team is extremely professional and courteous, but I couldn't say the same about the researcher at DFA. They were cold, arrogant, and had the belief that they were intellectually superior. Certainly, DFA provides a fantastic investment vehicle, but their success might have created a snobbish and entitle attitude in their research department.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

1 phone interviews
    1 WebEx interview
    1 interview day (4-5 people)

Very straight forward. Very thourough. They are judging your character and personality along with aptitude. Don't come off arrogant, brash, or unfriendly... THEY WILL NOT HIRE YOU! They are looking for proactive, team players familiar with their investment philosophy

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through multiple rounds and stages. The first was a phone interview with HR. Then a phone interview with a Vice President. After passing both rounds I was invited on site to conduct a super day which consisted of 5 interviews.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors in May 2019.

Interview

Interview process was pretty long. They bring you on campus half a day to interview with some VPs and Managers. Not a very diverse group of people. Not exactly sure what the interview team is looking for, some ranked me as very well prepared others classified me as not prepared. You need to be a team player, eager to learn, and interested in the investment philosophy. I felt a little uneasy about the lack of diversity as I entered the building. However that simply my opinion.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

Three Interviews, relaxed environment. Nice interviewers