Dimensional Fund Advisors Financial Advisor Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dimensional Fund Advisors Financial Advisor Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Dimensional Fund Advisors

Financial Advisor Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one super day at the office consisting of 4 in-person interviews. Applied online and was contacted via email about scheduling an initial email. Process was quick - total of 3 weeks from time of first phone interview to final round.

Interview Questions

• 80% of Questions were behavioral pertaining to your background and experience. Very basic technical questions including "How do you understand Dimensional's investment philosophy?". The most technical questions (which weren't that bad) that I was was asked were follow up questions to my answers: "and can you explain what you mean by "expected returns"/"exposure and risk in the market"?". Know Efficient Market Hypothesis and 5-Factor Model.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dimensional Fund Advisors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

1 phone screen with HR, then 2 phone interviews each with a member from FAS, then I was invited in to the office for 4 back to back 30 minute interviews and a lunch at the end

Interview Questions

• Why Dimensional? Everyone has an impressive resume, why should we pick YOU? Have you ever had your ethics put to the test?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Charlotte, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was three rounds with the first 2 being phone interviews and the last in office. Not very technical at any level but every person you talk to will ask you what you know about dimensional/their investing philosophy.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about DFA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

A phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with an FAS team member, followed by 5 back-to-back interviews on-site. The interviews were pleasant all around, and were with very smart people. Know the Dimensional philosophy.

Interview Questions

• If you inherited $1 million today, how would you invest it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone call screening with 3 behavioral interview questions regarding knowledge of companies investment philosophy and general questions as well. Then it was a super day invitation to Austin, TX in the office where there were 4 interview regarding technical information, problem solving, and general soft skills.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of Dimensional's unique investment philosophy and where all it began   Answer Question

, Financial Advisor Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Short phone interview, mostly for fit
    In office interview, three rounds, mostly fit interviews, they want to know if you believe in their investment strategy. They do ask you a few basic questions about how a mutual fund works and your knowledge of finance.

Basically--if you are competent, showcase leadership, and believe in their investment strategy, you're good to go.