Dimensional Fund Advisors Investments Rotational Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dimensional Fund Advisors Investments Rotational Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Dimensional Fund Advisors

3.2

Rotational Investments Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Had an interview on college campus and was flown out to Austin for final round. I applied through my college's job board. I talked with 5 different people throughout the final round, so be prepared for the super-day interview format. I enjoyed it and nearly every interaction made me want to work there. One thing is that some of the research team tried speaking as fast as possible to make it hard to understand them.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about the efficient market and the place of Dimensional as a firm. Realistically, you should know alot about the firm to get past the first round. Behavioral isn't that important early.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dimensional Fund Advisors

Investment Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Simple technical questions going over resume with a campus recruiter. 2nd Interview was with a current analyst at the company asking a mix of technical and personal questions. Recruiters also ask a lot of questions about Dimensional and their investment strategy so prepare for those.

Investments Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

1st round phone screen with HR was conversational. 2nd round phone screen with analyst was extremely unpleasant. Analyst was confrontational/repeatedly interrupted me during answers/could not even be arsed to take me off speaker phone.

Interview Questions

• narcissistic technical questions you probably wouldn't know unless you work for them.   Answer Question

Investments Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews - one with an HR recruiter and then one with a team member from one of the rotation departments. And then an on-site "super day" interview - 6 back-to-back interviews with members from the rotations followed by lunch with a new analyst. I had read on here before my last interview that some of the interviewers in the superday interview will talk in really complicated terms/language to make it difficult to understand what they are asking. This was true with 2 of my interviewers, one of whom was clearly on a higher intellectual level than me, and made that very obvious. Surprisingly I didn't get asked at all about the Fama-French Model. Tips: know everything on your resume & be able to explain it in great detail, be prepared for follow-up questions from your answers about your resume, and show that you truly believe in their investment strategy.

Interview Questions

• If a client gave you $1mil to invest, how would you structure that portfolio?   1 Answer