Dimensional Fund Advisors Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dimensional Fund Advisors

1 Interview Review

2.0

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors in April 2012.

Interview

Received call from HR department to set up phone interview for next day. I was so excited and nervous because I really wanted to work for this company that I couldn't sleep that night. This left me overtired and not at my best for the interview the next morning. I was fully prepared the night before but by the time the interview happened, I struggled to recall much of what I wanted to say and I stumbled with some of my answers. I wouldn't say I completely bombed the interview but it was the worst I've ever given. I had hoped that I would at least be one of the few picked to get a second interview based on my resume and experience which was a perfect fit for the job but after 1 week of waiting, I finally got the email thanking me for my time and informing me that I was not selected to go further.

Oddly enough, the question I stumbled on the most should have been a simple one: " Describe a typical day at your last job." My struggle to answer that question was because I did about 97 different things each day at that job and knew I couldn't just sit and list them all so I was sorting through them in my head trying to just select the ones that were most important and applicable to the job I was applying for. I didn't really get to finish answering the question when the interviewer said "Let's just move on to the next question." I knew then that I had probably just blown any chance I had.

The fact that I wanted to work for this company so much actually hurt my chances. I was too nervous and excited which cost me a night's sleep (awake until 4:30 am) and left me in no shape to give a good interview. It was good practice for the next one though. Live and learn.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical day at your last job.   1 Answer