Dimensional Fund Advisors Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dimensional Fund Advisors

2.7

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Classic finance face-to-face interview at the AEA meetings. Leadership partially disrepsectful in interview, but juniors seemed nice. I would question the atmosphere in the team, but cannot judge 100%. Give it a try, the strategy they are running may be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why DFA? Equity factor models (Fama French). More on their type of marketing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dimensional Fund Advisors

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at the AEA meetings. 2 researchers + 1 HR, 30 minutes. Was asked to describe my research; they asked tough questions about it (how does a certain structure of my data that I hadn't discussed affect my results? how would I test for it?). I brought up that I had taken John Cochrane's Asset Pricing class on Coursera, was asked what was my most important take-away. We ended up discussing the EMH, asset price predictability.

Interview Questions

• Q: Please tell us about your job market paper.   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Just had the first round interview. General questions - all mentioned in earlier post, what’s EMH, why important Why DFA, what’s their investment philosophy/strategy. Your research experience.

They told me decision may be made one day to one week, and there would be one or two rounds of phone, and the last round on-site.

Interview Questions

• what’s EMH, why important Why DFA, what’s their investment philosophy/strategy. Your research experience.   Answer Question