Dimensional Fund Advisors Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dimensional Fund Advisors Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Dimensional Fund Advisors

2.6

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

30 minutes phone interview with all fit questions. The interviewer talked about herself first and then dove into questions about my resume and other fit questions. Appeared to be a positive interview, but were very slow in getting back to you with a decision.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dimensional Fund Advisors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was professional and receptive. He was attentive and interested in each of my answers. As I discussed the points on my resume, he asked relevant questions to find out more about qualifications. When I, at the end, asked my prepared questions about the company, he responded with an acute knowledgeability about the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

30 minutes and mainly conversational. They asked mostly behavioral questions and tested my knowledge on the company and it’s current work. The interviewer seemed extremely intelligent but was not from the department I was interviewing for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty quick. They came to my university and I heard back within 2 weeks. Interviewed at their Austin branch. Interview was pretty easy. They don’t ask any technical questions, so it’s kind of hard to tell if you did well or not.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

The questions were not difficult to answer and mostly behavioral. I was interviewed consecutively by several people and none of them had very hard questions. They preferred candidates to know something about what the company was doing .

Interview Questions

• How to prove that a positive alpha is produced by a good strategy rather than by pure luck?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me, I applied, and got interviewed within weeks. However, the positions filled before I could complete my third round interview. The first round was a 30 minute basic behavioral interview where we just went over my resume. The second round was still more of a behavioral interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

Video screen, phone screen, super day; recruiter in first interview is very supportive and actually knows about company, asks thoughtful questions; second is with a current analyst, is slightly more technical but not too bad