Dimensional Fund Advisors Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dimensional Fund Advisors Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at Dimensional Fund Advisors

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First round on-campus interview which was one on one and mainly behavioral. Next round super day in Austin, TX with lunch interview along with four back to back interviews. Everyone was extremely nice and seemed to have a solid education and professional background.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral. Resume walk. Why portfolio management?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dimensional Fund Advisors

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

Go through your resume. Very nice recruiter. She wrote a letter to confirm the time for calling. 30mins talking. The recruiter has a formalized question sheets. 5 Days to receive a rejection.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

Applied online, and received an invitation to interview with the HR about a week and a half later. I was later invited to have an interview with the department I chose. Both the HR and the department analyst were super nice. The department interview as supposed to be technical, but it focused a lot more on what you know about Dimensional rather than the actual technical work.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Dimensional's investment philosophy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one super day at the office consisting of 4 in-person interviews. Applied online and was contacted via email about scheduling an initial email. Process was quick - total of 3 weeks from time of first phone interview to final round.

Interview Questions

• 80% of Questions were behavioral pertaining to your background and experience. Very basic technical questions including "How do you understand Dimensional's investment philosophy?". The most technical questions (which weren't that bad) that I was was asked were follow up questions to my answers: "and can you explain what you mean by "expected returns"/"exposure and risk in the market"?". Know Efficient Market Hypothesis and 5-Factor Model.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I had 1 interview. The person was extremely nice. It was mostly me talking and she was asking a few follow up questions. I talked about my background, education and what I'm working on now. I explained about each part of my resume and discussed my research in detail.

Interview Questions

• my research and what made me interested in this position   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors in February 2015.

Interview

pleasant interviewers were two women, very easy to talk to, asked some basic competency questions as well as motivation questions and what strength you could bring to the role .

Interview Questions

• trick question :if it was your last day on earth what would you do   1 Answer