Direct Agents Online Sales/Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Online Sales/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Direct Agents (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Direct Agents is an Online Marketing company in SOHO, New York. The person conducting the interview, let's not name the poor guy, sounded very relaxed, almost non-chalant. I knew this was not going to go well, the company was coming off as "the next big thing" and already a "dude" is calling me. Anyway, I get to the office in SOHO and "the dude' was bleary-eyed, ummm, you know, he was very very relaxed.
The biggest problem I had was that the person doing thei nterview was very vague as to what one can expect to make at the company, he fumbled through the interview and I actually took control over the entire process because he was just slow talking and seemed out of it. I took at peak into the office and you had a bunch eager 20 somethings piled ontop of one another in an office space. Literally, they were elbow to elbow talking on the phone. I also noticed the owner of the company peered over his desk with an intense scowl on his face. There kind of new, so he probably doesn't know how to manage and just thinks looking mean is the best option. I wouldn't work there but the office looks nice, besides the fact everyone is cramped in. The other problem i had was that on career builder it said "looking for sales rep to manage team. new companies like to put the words "manage" in their ads in hopes of attracting management types, but in now way is this company willing to pay for any management types. They want you on the phones pounding away. the average rep probably makes around 38K a year.