Direct Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Direct Capital Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.7

BDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Capital.

Interview

Applied online. Scheduled a phone interview. Then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Met with 4 different salesmen / managers for 2 hours. Pretty straight forward,they want to see that you're confident, well-spoken, and are eager and passionate to get started in a sales career.

Marketing - Executive Level Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Capital.

Interview

Disorganized start to finish. Dealt with multiple recruiters through the courting/pre screening process and when I went in for the interview it was equally clunky. Even more strange was the fact there was no defined job, kinda felt like they were kicking tires on a car and had no intention to hire anyone.

Interview Questions

• What job do you think you should have here?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Capital (Portsmouth, NH) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and we set up a time for me to come in for an interview. When I got there, I spoke to people who weren't even relevant to my position. It didn't seem like anyone knew what position I was interviewing for. I got invited back for a second interview to "meet the team" and again they set up a meeting with someone not relevant to my position. This person said she would contact the recruiter(who was out for a week) to set up a meeting with the correct person. After two weeks of waiting and getting no response, I followed up and was told that the position was filled before I even had the chance to meet the right person, which doesn't seem fair.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about collections?(not relevant to the position i was there for at all)   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Capital (Portsmouth, NH) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very easy and friendly, very relaxed setting and they made it very comfortable and easy to answer questions. Got to talk a lot and learn about the company as a whole not just the specific role. Learned about the people and different attributes which contribute to the successful culture.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Capital (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

I applied through Linked In and was asked to have a phone interview with Recruiter there just 2 days later! Great interview. Spoke about next steps, timeframe, salary, even start date.

I followed up 10 days later via email and received no response. I did see the job was reposted on Linked In with another recruiter.

Regardless, not impressed.

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Capital in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. Most questions were general. A lot of stress on work experience. Questions like an introduction about yourself, about a project that you are confident about, why the company and so on were asked. It would help to go through the company website well.

Interview Questions

• introduction about yourself, about a project that you are confident about, why the company and so on were asked   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Capital (Portsmouth, NH) in March 2015.

Interview

Long and much too drawn out, even for a sales position. Found them at a job fair. Followed up and received a phone interview with an HR lady who had been there less than a year. Phone interview was basic. Then was moved onto the face to face where I met with three people in the same day.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Capital (Portsmouth, NH) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process went well. Interviewers were polite, and asked relevant questions. They really believe in their company and excited about the future. I left excited to become a part of the team! I was extended an offer but the requirements they place on your for checks are demeaning and lengthy. After several weeks of back and forth with their HR group on the requirements around fingerprints, drug test, salary confirmations and background checks on all past jobs (even those that are out of business) I threw in the towel and decided I don't want to work at a place like that. I applied at another local finance company and started with in a week. Their loss.

I recommend that everyone avoid Direct Capital.

Interview Questions

Length of time it took to complete required checks, and they asked for information I was not able to obtain.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Capital (Portsmouth, NH) in February 2014.

Interview

Process was slow. Communication took place through email and it tool a long time for anyone to follow up. Once the process started and I met with the hiring manager, the process worked much better.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very technical, you need to know your stuff.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Offer was what I requested.

Junior Fund Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Capital.

Interview

Applied for an entry level position with this company and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. After confirming a time and clearing a busy schedule of mine to chat with this recruiter I was sent an email 30 MINUTES prior to our interviewing informing me the position had been filled. Only after emailing the recruiter multiple times was I sent an email back noting again that he was sorry, the position had been filled and there were no other positions that matched my particular background.