Direct Energy Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Direct Energy Specialist Interview Questions

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Long process. Took over 30 days after the phone interview to get back with me. I believe the process is better now. On start date, did not have any work equipment ready. Manager was really cool, but she left after a few months.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Direct Energy

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Direct Energy in October 2009.

Interview

The first interview consisted of a phone interview with the manager and team leader of the the department I applied to. They were both very nice and made me feel comfortable and at ease during the interview. Both appreciated a good sense of humor during the interview as well as interest in hobbies, personal accomplishments, etc. I was required to send a writing sample as part of the interview process. They informed me my graduate thesis would suffice.

Interview Questions

• How would you coach an employee if they made a mistake or require improvement in their job performance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offered was $10,000 less than my salary at my previous employer. I explained this during the interview but was asked to take into consideration that as a work from home employee, I would not have commuting expenses, lunch and business attire expenses, etc.