Direct General Direct Energy Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Direct General Direct Energy Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Direct Energy Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

DE came to the university for campus recruiting for their LDP. Had an info session. A week later I got a call from an employee for a 20 min phone interview. Simple questions like where do you see yourself and ended with a small puzzle. I got a call 2 days later for an interview.
The interview was on campus and they invited literally dozens of people. Had four simultaneous panels of two people each interviewing the candidates for one whole day. I had mine in the morning. It was for 45 mins. Mostly situational and behavioral. What would you do if you were CEO, VP marketing and such. Some were behavioral like what did you as a part of a team when circumstances changed. Why DE and what do you know about the program. Again they ended the interview with a puzzle. The overall experience was ok. After two weeks got an email saying i wasn't selected and i later found out that most of the people from my university weren't selected. I don't know what they were looking for or it was a publicity stunt as they like to proclaim that DE LDP has one of the lowest acceptance rates.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you were CEO of DE?   Answer Question
  • if you were a electricity plant manager and it had to shutdown what would be your five point plan.   Answer Question