Direct General Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Direct General Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2018

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Easy friendly people to interview with not bad to look at either. What else to say about an interview that lasted only an hour and they were more concerned with sales experience over actual insurance knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Prior insurance experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Direct General (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview with the DSM. was called back right away for a face to face interview. which was just talking like we knew each other for years. If you have experience in a call center you will be fine. Let you bubbly personality stand out when doing the face to face. Make eye contact, be personable. demonstrate that you are a people person and that you can handle complex situations on the site.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Recruiters Very conversational and open about hiring Process. Process itseld was short and sweet and easy. Total time from interview to offer letter was less than a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Direct General.

Interview

Phone interview after assessment then an in branch face to face interview with a manager meet and greet other employees and review the location discuss day to day operations and responsibilities. The phone interview was a drawn out explanation of my resume. The face to face was question and answer at the location I would be working at it took a while to confirm an offer. And even longer to get things squared away overall probably one of the least efficient job processes I've been involved in

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome this objection.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN) in February 2008.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who spilled all the info including the budgeted salary. She then scheduled me an in person interview with the new SVP of marketing. My interview with him went very well and lasted about 45 minutes. He made an offer to me on the spot, as I told him I was in negotiations with another company.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN) in September 2008.

Interview

Phone interview
    questionaire
    2 interviews
    offer

Interview Questions

• Decribe your training experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very formal and antiquated. They bring a booklet of "standard" interview questions like "What wild animal are you most like". The kinds of interview questions that you find when you do a google search for oddball interview questions. When we sat down they told me they would be asking me 50 questions and I believe they asked me 50 questions. Lots of "Tell me about a time when you..." questions that are in no way related to the role or the even the department.

Auto Damage Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Direct General (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The process has dramatically changed over the last few years so I cannot be of help in this area as I was hired 12 years ago.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have faced on the job?   Answer Question

Lead Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raytown, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Direct General (Raytown, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

Spoke w-District Manager by phone after she reviewed my resume' on line. Met w-District Manager for about 30 minutes. Offered Lead position, gave minimal salary requirements. Signed background check form, received call back with Job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated salary; I took a $11 per hr pay cut. However I saved about $200 per month in gas, saved about $150 per month in eating out (went home for lunch), saved $200 per month in parking fees

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I had several phone interviews with the hiring manager followed by a lunch interview with the team. The overall process up to the point of an offer was painless.

Interview Questions

• How fast in MB is a gb network?   1 Answer