Direct General Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.0

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I had several phone interviews with the hiring manager followed by a lunch interview with the team. The overall process up to the point of an offer was painless.

Interview Questions

• How fast in MB is a gb network?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General in September 2017.

Interview

It consisted of a long phone interview with two managers, several behavioral questions were asked, over 10 at least. Way too many in my opinion. I was wondering if and when they were going to stop. It was quite a painful experience only because they kept asking similar questions that required similar answers and honestly I ran out of answers and I just had to eventually start pulling scenarios out of my a**. Other than that, the two managers that interviewed me over the phone were pleasant. I passed that round and went on to the final round which was with two upper level managers (regional) were both very nice. They interviewed me with about 3-4 behavioral questions and maybe 1-2 technical questions. Overall positive experience, I had already accepted another job by the time they offered it, approximately a week after the final round interview, so I declined it.

Interview Questions

• Define a leader and a servant. Is there a difference between the two, or can they ever be the same person?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Recruiters Very conversational and open about hiring Process. Process itseld was short and sweet and easy. Total time from interview to offer letter was less than a week.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Direct General (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to job fair interviewed on the spot scheduled for a second interview got a call with an offer 2 days later took drug test the next day moves very fast

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Direct General.

Interview

Phone interview after assessment then an in branch face to face interview with a manager meet and greet other employees and review the location discuss day to day operations and responsibilities. The phone interview was a drawn out explanation of my resume. The face to face was question and answer at the location I would be working at it took a while to confirm an offer. And even longer to get things squared away overall probably one of the least efficient job processes I've been involved in

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome this objection.   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very formal and antiquated. They bring a booklet of "standard" interview questions like "What wild animal are you most like". The kinds of interview questions that you find when you do a google search for oddball interview questions. When we sat down they told me they would be asking me 50 questions and I believe they asked me 50 questions. Lots of "Tell me about a time when you..." questions that are in no way related to the role or the even the department.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Direct General.

Interview

applied for multiple positions received call back from recruiter for claims rep trainee because already had my liscence it was a 3 panel interview and questions were based on star method.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Three step process. Phone screening, face to face interview with hiring manager, and final panel interview. Process was easy and laid back. They explained what was expected and went into details about what the job entailed. Asked about what my strong and weak points are.

Interview Questions

• Relevant skills, education and experience, likes and dislikes, strong and weak points.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told the recruiter what my pay requirements are and they negotiated for me.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Easy friendly people to interview with not bad to look at either. What else to say about an interview that lasted only an hour and they were more concerned with sales experience over actual insurance knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Prior insurance experience?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Direct General.

Interview

very easy and casual.. back room of office- interviewer was very nice but this isn't a hard job by any means. The interview lasted about an hour because we talked about many things- met some of the office staff and talked with them. This is a sales job with a big push on numbers

Interview Questions

• Typical old school questions- tell me about yourself... what's your weakness... stuff like that   Answer Question