Direct General Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

2.0

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I had several phone interviews with the hiring manager followed by a lunch interview with the team. The overall process up to the point of an offer was painless.

Interview Questions

• How fast in MB is a gb network?   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very formal and antiquated. They bring a booklet of "standard" interview questions like "What wild animal are you most like". The kinds of interview questions that you find when you do a google search for oddball interview questions. When we sat down they told me they would be asking me 50 questions and I believe they asked me 50 questions. Lots of "Tell me about a time when you..." questions that are in no way related to the role or the even the department.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Three step process. Phone screening, face to face interview with hiring manager, and final panel interview. Process was easy and laid back. They explained what was expected and went into details about what the job entailed. Asked about what my strong and weak points are.

Interview Questions

• Relevant skills, education and experience, likes and dislikes, strong and weak points.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told the recruiter what my pay requirements are and they negotiated for me.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Easy friendly people to interview with not bad to look at either. What else to say about an interview that lasted only an hour and they were more concerned with sales experience over actual insurance knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Prior insurance experience?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I I had 2 levels of interview - phone interview and face to face interview . I was interviewed by one manager who asked behavioral questions and then was interviewed to two other employees who asked only technical questions in SQL server.

Interview Questions

• Specifically asked about particular functions in SQL and how does it work ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You should do the market research and negotiate to an higher salary as much as possible as you might not get hike for a few years after that .

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN) in September 2008.

Interview

Phone interview
    questionaire
    2 interviews
    offer

Interview Questions

• Decribe your training experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Direct General (Nashville, TN) in February 2008.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who spilled all the info including the budgeted salary. She then scheduled me an in person interview with the new SVP of marketing. My interview with him went very well and lasted about 45 minutes. He made an offer to me on the spot, as I told him I was in negotiations with another company.