Direct Line Group General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Dickson, TN) in December 2011.

Interview

The initial contact was via online application. From that point it involved a 1:1 with the owner-president and then followed by a 1:1 with the VP of sales.

Both meetings took approximately 90 minutes and were followed up with additional interviews that were similar. There were no skills tests or background investigations prior to the offer. I confirmed that information from my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• How will you ensure the sales staff stays on target with production?   Answer Question
  • You'll be essentially a project manager for our largest customer who's onsite. How comfortable are you with external management and daily, high, customer demands?   Answer Question

Very disorganized. The owner was more interested in wanting to know what others thought about him (in a negative way) and the VP of sales was difficult to get any feedback from (a salesperson, yep, right).

All in all the environment needed major overhauls and the good ol' boy mentality of paying management more rather than spreading pay to improve a structure was in play. They both openly spoke negatively about their entire staff's compentency and the future of the company.

I have sympathy for employees working there and they have no idea......