Direct Line Group Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Direct Line Group Interview Questions in London, England

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

DLG Graduate Programme:

First round telephone interview: standard behavioural questions, easy to answer using STAR framework for answering behavioural questions. It feels very scripted and generic which is a downside, but it presents an opportunity for you to highlight unique experiences and skills that you can relate to the programme.

If successful at the telephone interview, then the next stage is an assessment centre. The assessment centre is very small scale and involves only 3-5 candidates. I was quite surprised as most other assessment centres involve 10+ people, so it was much easier in this case to demonstrate capability and understanding, and not feel overshadowed by 'loud' people competing for attention. The assessment centre is well structured and gives everyone a chance to contribute.

The assessment centre includes a 45 minute solo analysis task, followed by 20 minute presentation with Q&A in front of two assessors. After that there is a group exercise in which the task involves some form of discussion and decision making, followed by a brief presentation of the team's rationale. Finally, there is a 1-to-1 interview with two assessors (someone from HR and a manager from another business area) in which you can talk about your past experiences.

Overall, the assessment centre was a very positive experience and the entire process was quite fast in comparison to many others (communication was very prompt).

Interview Questions

• Why DLG?
      Why the business function/area you have selected?
      What sort of challenges do you expect to face on the graduate programme?   1 Answer

Direct Line Group Response

Nov 23, 2016 – Recruitment Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our recruitment process. We love to see that you've had a great experience with us!

Expenses Reporting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Got an initial call from the Talent Recruitment team.He has seen my CV on the reed website and wanted to invite me in for an interview.
    I went for the interview and met up with 2 other people. It was more of a competency interview and I discussed my experience in relation to the job description.
    I had the interview on the 24th May 2013 and received feedback on the 14th June 2013

Interview Questions

• I found the interview process very easy and I was in control. There was no question that I found difficult   Answer Question