Directors Guild of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Directors Guild of America

Eligibility Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Directors Guild of America (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a recruiting agency RHR Consulting, and they give me the job description. I see that the document was last edited (it's on google drive) on June 2016. At the time, it was September 2016, that's a whole 3 months, so I'm immediately wary. I have experience with recruiting and I know that if a position is still open for over 1 month, that they're having problems, for one they probably already have the person in mind and are waiting for their contract/internship to end and they're available, or they're looking for an unrealistic perfect candidate (they have extremely high standards).
    Regardless, I go through the process, I have to fill out an application form and sign a background check. Once I pass the initial tests, then I'm allowed to interview in their Los Angeles, CA office Producer Pension and Health Plan branch in September 2016. The process takes 9 days.
    The confirmation email said they have parking and validation so I park in the building. It's a little tricky getting to the first floor lobby from the parking structure but I managed. The email said that I go to the front desk to ask for the DGA, he directs me to a phone on the reception desk, and I follow the instructions and call their office upstairs. No one answers, so I leave a voicemail. I'm told in the email that I must have an escort from their office to get to their floor, even though I see countless people go in and out of the building to and from the elevators. Anyways, I wait 10 minutes, mind you, I arrive to the interview 20 minutes early, since I don't want to be late for the interview, I call again from that phone on the reception desk. An annoyingly breezy voice answers that I was too early (20 minutes) and that they'll have an escort at an appropriate time for them. Wow, I've been to several interviews and I know that the person usually waits in the company's waiting area, not the front lobby, for the interview! Well, another 10 minutes go by, and a person finally comes to escort me upstairs. I sign in in their reception desk and and given a name tag, I sneak a peak at their sign in sheet and see that most people come in for interviews and their sign in averaged 20 minutes. I am taken to an empty office space cubicle, some people are working next to me, and told to wait. Even though they have a perfectly empty and available front desk. Very strange. I wait for 10 minutes, then the HR Mgr comes and escorts me to her office. She never asks for my resume and just uses my previously written job application to go on. She talks about the organization, what the job entails, and my previous job experience. Once that's done, she asks if I have any questions, and I ask her why the position has been open for over 3 months, in which she fumbles an non-answer, thus confirming my suspicions. She said she'll call the recruiter to say if I will get hired or not and the interview ends, and I sign out exactly 20 minutes later. So the interview totaled to about 10 minutes, very, very short, and I never receive a call.

Theater Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Directors Guild of America (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Got called for an interview, sat with the hiring person. She made sure I know that the position is very entry-level and that I was a bit over-qualified. She did say there was a small possibility of moving up to office assistant. There wasn't enough time to meet anyone else.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Directors Guild of America (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Just submitted my resume and no questions since it was just for a summer internship. I don't know what it would be like for some one who is interviewing for a higher position. I was also still in college so I don't think they treated the interview process like a normal one.