Discount Tire Tire Tech Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Discount Tire

1.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 18 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Discount Tire (United States)

Interview

They ask you typical behavior questions, and if you're able to preform physical labor like change a tire or know how to jack up a vehicle. You also have to pass an ethics test in order to be hired.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know how to change a tire.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discount Tire (United States)

Interview

Walked in and turned in a paper application, and was offered a job. There were no interview questions or anything of the sort. I also had past experience working for this company which helped.

Interview Questions
  • There were no interview questions. Just walked in and turned in application.
Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Grandville, MI) in Jul 2016

Interview

Short and sweet, more personable than if written out. Not rehearsed at all. Manager was awesome. I walked in introduced myself shook his hand, he had me fill out a short application with background information then asked about my experience the gave me a paper to get a drug test.

Interview Questions
Discount Tire
Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Tyler, TX) in May 2016

Interview

The interview process was very informal. I printed off an application online. I filled it out and brought it to the store. I asked to speak with the manager and he gave me somewhat of an interview then. The manager told me a little about what the job would consist of and asked questions like if I have ever worked at a tire shop before and what my availability was. They told me it would be a few weeks before they had an opening. A few weeks later I got a call to come in for an "interview" but when I showed up it was pretty much when can you start and filling out paperwork. They like clean cut and polite people and people not afraid to work hard.

Interview Questions
  • Have you worked at a tire shop before?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire (United States)

Interview

i walked in and filled out an applications and got interviewed on the spot it was basic questions like can you work well with others and are you a fast learner i started working the following week.

Interview Questions
  • basic interview questions since it was my first job at 17 years old
Anonymous Employee in Dearborn Heights, MI
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Dearborn Heights, MI) in Feb 2016

Interview

company is old school they have old traditions you need to check on application constantly they will eventually look at it but you have to check in all the time until you get to talk to them about your job, its a nice easy interview fast paste work

Interview Questions
Discount Tire
Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Olathe, KS) in Apr 2015

Interview

Sat in the office and talked about myself. They told me about the company and what to expect as far as working as a tire technician. All of the managers were really nice and laid back. I enjoyed the overall interview process

Interview Questions
Discount Tire
Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Dallas, TX) in Jan 2015

Interview

the interview process was fairly eash because all I did was walkin and was hired because I had a friend who referred me to the company. other than that it was a pretty pointless interview because I was offered the job and hired right there on the spoy

Interview Questions
Discount Tire
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Discount Tire (United States)

Interview

Short interview that asked simple questions about your history with working on cars and other small talk questions. Basically the job is like any other part time job interview just making sure that you can work a decent amount of hours and are willing to work hard.

Interview Questions
Discount Tire
Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Phoenix, AZ) in Mar 2014

Interview

You should be fine if you have the slightest bit of intelligence and even a little bit maturity

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18