Discount Tire Tire Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discount Tire Tire Technician Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

1.4

Tire Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire.

Interview

I waked in and asked for an application finished it in the store and interviewed the same day! They took me into the back office and asked me a couple questions and next thing I knew I was hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Discount Tire

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Houston, TX).

Interview

Came in with a printed out application and did a short talk with the manager, it was a short interview (less than 5 minutes) told me what to wear and when to start.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Portland, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First day is an integrity test. If you pass this you get and actual interview. In the interview the store manager never made me feel uncomfortable. They made sure to answer all of my questions and explain the job entirely.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any tire experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone starts out at $10/hr

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Cypress, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is like most interviews they ask you what are you'r interest in the company, what are your plans there, how long do you see yourself with them so on and so forth. Then you have to take an test online once you pass the test they'll call you to come in for to collect a paper to go take a drug test. Once you pass the drug test they'll call you to let you know when you'll start. It took about 2 and a half weeks to get hired on

Interview Questions

• what are you'r interest in the company, what are your plans there, how long do you see yourself with them so on and so forth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't an negotiation phase they start from the bottom and work your way up the chain unless you have experience that a whole different story. Starting pay is 11.00 hour

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

I sat down with the Senior Assistant Manager for about 15 minutes and we talked about past jobs as well as what I was doing in school. They seemed very desperate for employees because they hired me on the spot after that 15 minutes.They then had me do a drug screen and a background test and I started working for them a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are you studying in school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lewis Center, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Lewis Center, OH).

Interview

The hiring process was very professional. They were very honest about what kind of work they do and what I was interviewing for. They were up front about the expectations if I was hired. They were very open and welcomed any questions I had or concerns about what I was getting into.

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Garland, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I got in thorough a employee referral and asked for the manager, then proceeded to go to his office then he asked me how I was doing, how much I knew about the company and if I do drugs after that we scheduled a drug test and once I passed I got immediately hired.

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Amarillo, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I filled out and submitted an application in person and had a brief interview with the senior manager for the location. The VP of the store called me in for a follow up interview a few days later. At this time I was offered a position with completion and passing of a drug screening. I started my online and in store training the following week.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Came in for an interview, got to me as soon as they could, very low key, asked about availability and told me briefly what it would be like, very quick, easy, and prepared me for working there

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discount Tire (Brooklyn Park, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

The time will vary, but my interview session was fairly quick (Around 30 Minutes). Try to do your interview in the morning that way they would be less busy with customers and focus their time interviewing you. They will quickly ask a few questions and it's very quick in general. Then they will give you a brief info. about their company and how the work area is like. Next they require you some of your info. and ask you to take a drug test. The horrible part in my experience was waiting for the forms to be printed in order to take the drug test (Had to wait 50 Minutes) until the manager finally printed it for me.

Interview Questions

• Why Do You Want to Work for Discount Tires?   1 Answer