DiscoveRx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DiscoveRx Interview Questions

Interviews at DiscoveRx

Sort:

Field Applications Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at DiscoveRx in September 2014.

Interview

At first the interview process was good. I applied in mid-late summer 2014. I was really excited about the position and think it was a good match for my skills. I don't remember the order of interviews, but I met in person with the person who would be my manager and met with a sales person. The manager wanted me to give a group presentation (webex) to other members of the company and he actively helped me with the content and editing. We met several times and I took that help very positively. The Webex happened around Labor day and went okay. About 8 people attended, but I wasn't fully aware of everyone on their end. It was requested I fly to Newark Airport to meet CFO/COO, and I think that interview went well (mid September). I had another two phone interviews with more people in October. In early November, a few other people came to my city (including my would-be manager) and I had lunch with them. Still no offer or indication that the interview process would be over. Then the would-be manager wanted to set up a time to talk. I thought it was the offer, but he never called (I did try to email/call him, but there was no response). He attempted to set up another phone call, and also didn't call at the agreed time. It was roughly Thanksgiving time I didn't bother to contact him back. Months later I ran in to would-be manager in an elevator in my work building. He looked uncomfortable to see me and said the position had been canceled. Early on, they were very proud to not have HR because it increased overhead, but the flip side of that is they are disorganized and waste everyone's time.

Operations Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DiscoveRx (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Applied through craigslist, received a phone call a week later. Initial phone call was to set up an interview time the week of. Interviewed with the Vice President of Operations, the Operations Supervisor and the Human Resources Manager. It was essentially three separate interviews, total process lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions were asked. Most were personality based questions and scenarios that were given. The HR Manager is very informal when it comes to interviews. She prefers to have a conversation more than anything.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DiscoveRx (Fremont, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Talked to recruiter then had an initial phone screen where they invited me to come on-site for an in person interview. Had an interview with 3 different people which included the vice president, manager and one of a potential coworker.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you (what makes you get up in the morning)? How do you tackle a tough situation? When was a time you faced a difficult challenge and how did you get through it?   Answer Question