Discover Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.3

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying for the job online, you will receive a phone interview following up with the application. If that went well, they will be scheduling you a face to face interview. If you are applying for a starting position, they might tell you the result at the end of the interview. A week after you will receive a congratulations phone call from Discover, and be scheduled to finish up the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Discover

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

In person interview with upbeat and positive recruiters who make you feel comfortable and are open to answering any questions you may have about the company. They give you a tour of the building and inform you of all the perks and benefits of the job itself.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interviews take about a month to get everything out together, but they make it feel very nice and simple. Everyone is sweet and make you feel welcome not like an interview at all.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Fast, they just want bodies. I was in the office twice and interviewed with two different people. I felt like I was being rushed both times. I had to wait over a month to start because of crowded training rooms. was given one start date and was pushed back because right didn't know what left was doing.

Interview Questions

• Can you work early hours 5am   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Long, but quickly moving. They call you, invite for in person, drug test, paperwork, IDs, so there's about 2-3 visits to the office just to get processed initially. They are professional about everything they do, treat you and inform you well. Make sure to ask about full-time/part-time status, they are unclear about that and how much you will be paid.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discover (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a little bit lengthy and time consuming there is multiple steps involved in actually getting hired and they do an extensive background check and verify all of your employment history.

Interview Questions

• why I would be a good fit for the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in November 2014.

Interview

there was three interviews. phone,in person with hr, and hiring manager. Then job offer. Everyone was nice. Very professional. I was hired within a week but didnt start until 2 months later

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in a group and had to complete a task under pressure. How did you handle it and what ws the outcome.

Also that had cards for you organize according to you strengths and weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was based on experience. Non-Negotiatable

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT).

Interview

The interview process when I was hired consisted of three interviews or levels. The first one was HR, the second was a team leader, and the third was a department manager. You need to pass each level to get hired and the questions get a bit harder each time. Just keep it professional, on topic (relevant), and having experience or talking about sales really helps.

After working here for a while you will see all kinds of people that have worked here. It seems overkill to really go to the level they make you go through for a job. They really should talk to you for a bit, confirm you are not a criminal and a decent person and give you a shot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't an option. They just told me what the job was paying and that is it.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Got a call to come in and interview when I was done with school. The interview took about 45 mins and was a mix between behavioral and traditional questions, not to difficult. I heard back the same day and they offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online recieved and email to set up phone interview. NEVER got a phone call on that day. which i think is very unprofessional. 3 days later i get a random phone call from recruiter. After phone interview, was invited to meet human resource manager for interview. she asked all basic questions (why you want to work here, tell me a time etc) after that she gave me cards and i have to list them as strengths and what i need to work on etc. After that, she invited to meet the hiring manager which was all the way in Dover. Met the hiring manager and she had me read a disclosure that is read to customers during application process. she liked me said i wud hear from them in 3 days, got a phone call saying i got the job 20 mins later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I honestly didn't negotiate, was suprised they started me off with what they did giving i had not much call center experience. starting pay was 12.30 was giving more.