Discover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discover Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.7

Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

The HR representative was not timely or consistent in her communications with me The interview was several hours and was very structured. 4 interviewers asking questions which they read from a template document. I was over qualified for the position so I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavior based questions. Nothing creative, nothing custom   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

First, interview with the recruiter. If he/she feels you're a good fit then you will have 3 interviews (same day). Therefore the interview had atleast nine behavioral questions. So he prepared with applicable stories

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you use strategic skills to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (New Albany, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter telling me to apply for their customer service position. I applied 04/26/2017 and scheduled my phone interview for the same day. A different recruiter called me and the interview was 20 minutes and once finished I scheduled an onsite interview for 04/24/2017. I did research the company before going in for my interview that Monday. Once in I checked in and we went on a tour of the building and explained the benefits and different activities Discover has to offer. Once done with the tour we went back into her office for the actual interview. She placed 12 cards on the table in 4 groups of three starting with Strengths, 50/50, and Need to work on. Some of the words included Adaptable, Level Headed, Problem Solver, Conversational, Attentive just to name a few and she asked me questions based on my placement of the cards. Once done with the cards she asked questions like "Why should we hire you" and she discussed the schedule, start date and pay rate. Once done she told me I would hear back in the next few days with an update on the status of my application. I got a call back 04/26/2017 with an offer and I accepted it YAY! Best advice is to research the company and just be honest. The interview was really chill and calm and that's what I loved about it. And at the end they might ask what is IShine...it is the system they use to grade your phone calls. Once accepting the offer you'll have to do background, fingerprints, and drug screen onsite.

Digital Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Phone Screen - Behavioural Questions
    2. Technical plus behavioral questions on PS
    3. Onsite interview with 4 different managers in Riverwoods, Chicago

Arrangements for on-site interview were quick and good
    Interviewers were very nice to me.
    Prompt to solve pre interview queries on email

Interview Questions

• How will you handle conflict situations
      General questions of managerial positions
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview with the recruiter, followed by 4 individual interviews with people in parallel roles, the hiring manager, and the director above that manager. Individual interviews were structured along a documented process the interviewer was obligated to follow.

Half of the interviewers spent a lot of time talking about how they've been at Discover for 10+ years, and didn't seem to really have looked into my background and it's application to the role. One person I interviewed with didn't really follow the structured interview document, but asked me several Business level 300-400 questions, but would also cut me off while answering.

During the course of the interview it became obscenely apparent that at least the team I interviewed with was a rather complacent group of people. Literally felt like most of them were punching a clock and vesting their 401k. It didn't feel like anything innovative was happening, despite some buzzword interview questions about some current topics in the identity verification space.

The recruiter was also largely absent from any communication except for when they were seeking me out.

Interview Questions

• How do you think our product teams are composed? What roles do we have in these orgs?   1 Answer

Interview

Applied & got a mail to fix a phone interview for 20 min. Got a call from them the next day,at the end of the call the interviewer asked me to attend a personal interview at the same day. I agreed & prepared myself in that little time.

When i arrived,they took me for a walk inside the company,it was huge & awesome. I had an interview with the HR which consisted of behavioral questions & word activities. I was asked to wait for another interview at the same day with a senior HR, he asked me more & more behavioral questions, mostly repeated. I received a call soon on my way back to home. The whole interview process happened on one day & got hired on that day. The whole experience was exciting.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions   1 Answer
    • Can you sell an object in this room to me ?
      How will you handle an angry customer?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

The time to secure an interview was about a month. I have a panel interview with 5 Managers all in one day. All of the Mangers were polite, professional and in depth.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Had a phone screening, then three phone interviews. Phone screening asked about qualifications and resume. First phone interview was behavioral questions, second was just a casual conversation, third was an opportunity to ask questions. Very friendly people. Genuinely wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to work on a project, but had a lot of other work to get done simultaneously   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

There are 2 Interviews and if you get the position the Job training is 9 weeks long, great environment, and good health benefits and other neat benefits as well with the Company.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently? (On the call that they just played)   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying for the job online, you will receive a phone interview following up with the application. If that went well, they will be scheduling you a face to face interview. If you are applying for a starting position, they might tell you the result at the end of the interview. A week after you will receive a congratulations phone call from Discover, and be scheduled to finish up the hiring process.