Discover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying for the job online, you will receive a phone interview following up with the application. If that went well, they will be scheduling you a face to face interview. If you are applying for a starting position, they might tell you the result at the end of the interview. A week after you will receive a congratulations phone call from Discover, and be scheduled to finish up the hiring process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discover (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

First off I had 5 people ask me if i have been helped. Love that about Discover. They take you on a tour and than head into i call it interrogation room but the interview was quit fun. She asked me questions and than she had 12 cards. You had 3 category Your strongest area to what you need to work on. Only 4 cards can go down the category. Than she ask why and had explain your reason. Mines was short and sweet.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to convince the customer that this should help them in the long run?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a sourcer for a prescreening interview and was not contacted back. When the sourcer closed my call they set the expectation that I would be notified, either way, positive or negative. I did not. I received nothing. I reached out to the sourcer after 2 weeks and was told the position was closed, a decision was made and another candidate selected. While I understand the process, I'm in recruiting, my expectation from this company was high due to brand awareness. Sorry to say they fell short.

Interview Questions

• Very basic prescreening questions aligned to the minimum requirements posted and discussed the commute to office based location.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick process, great communication with the recruiter. Two phone interviews followed by an in-person interview with a number of team members including the hiring manager, peer from another department and department VP.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

I received a schedule for 4 interviews in 4 hours. My first interview started 30 minutes late and the entire process was very unorganized. The interviewers seemed distracted and were not very attentive. One was reading text messages while I answered questions. I also had the impression based on descriptions of the company that people are extremely micromanaged at Discover. i went in excited to get an interview at what appeared from the outside to be a great place to work and left feeling that I would not want to work there. I received a call a few days later telling me the position had gone to an internal candidate. Maybe this explains the disinterest of the interviewers and the rude way I was treated. I think they just used me to check off the "interviewed outside candidate box". I however put a great deal of time and effort into preparing for and going to the interview. I don't have a very high opinion of this company any more.

Interview Questions

• I was told that they had to ask me questions from a list. All four interviewers asked the same questions. Describe a time you used out-of-the-box thinking to achieve your objective. Tell me about a time you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Consumer BankingProgram Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Submit resume and cover letter for review process.
    Receive email to have initial phone interview for the program. Usually around 30 minutes and takes place with one of the hiring managers. More about fleshing out your resume
    Receive email to have second phone interview with an account associate. Usually around 30 minutes and is more in depth about position and industry knowledge. There is less time for you to ask questions about the company.
    Receive invite to "Superday" which consists of networking dinner and numerous interviews. The interviews are one on one and there are around 5-6 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Discover? What stands out about this program? How do your previous experiences make you an asset to this program?   Answer Question

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Wilmington, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring manager and director. They both were extremely pleasant. They gave me a good overview of the expectations of the position.
    This position is relatively new and may change as they work to define what's best for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current role?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

3 part interview. First a phone interview with a recruiter then a face to face interview with a recruiter followed by a face to face interview with hiring manager. Recruiter and hiring manager were both very nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when a customer was unhappy and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Discover in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role in Dec of 2016 with an employee referral. I was contacted by an HR representative in Feb 2017 and invited to interview in-person at the Riverwoods location. My invitation was revoked shortly after and I was invited to interview by phone instead.
    At the time of my first interview, I was notified that the manager was unable to attend the call for personal reasons. I interviewed with a direct report instead. The interview appeared to go well and the recruiter scheduled a follow up interview with the manager.
    I interviewed with the hiring manager by phone that same week. I thought the interview went well. The interview went for about 30 minutes but was ended abruptly. I was not given an opportunity to ask questions at the end of our conversation.
    I followed up 1 week later. The recruiter mentioned that next steps would be shared by the first week of March.
    I followed up again March 6th, no response.
    I followed up a final time March 13th, no response.
    Today I finally received a notice informing me that there will be no further action. The process took more than 3 months from the time I that applied to the notice of decline. It appears there were some major communication issues with this process. I’m still very interested in the company but I’d rate this specific experience poorly.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your company?
      Why Discover?
      What do you know about the responsibilities of this role?   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a good experience overall. But a waste of time. I am highly disappointed at the lack of follow up or feedback from the recruiter. I was told the feedback was really good and that they would contact me in another week's time when I inquired after about a week of the interview. It's been 1month now. I believe it is safe to assume that I've lost the opportunity. Believe me, no candidate would feel disappointed if you provide a feedback. It hurts when there is no communication at all after you put all the time and effort to attend the interview. Why do you make people attend interviews if you are not genuinely in need ? At least have the ethics to politely tell a candidate about the outcome.

2 technical rounds. One was over the phone and then the next was an on-site round. Onsite interview covers behavioral, your experience, technical knowledge and scenario based questions. 3 rounds of 45mins each at onsite. The panel was knowledgeable and courteous. I believe I did well in the interview.