Discover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed by 4 people. 45 mins each. All came with questions that hr wanted them to ask and some of their own. Seemed like nice people. Very professional.

They gave a tour of the company. Interviewed by hiring manager her manager and her peer. They explained their internal process, their structure and the hurdles. Had a great feeling about the interview, they even said I was the final candidate but recruiter was not responsive to any of the follow up emails.

Project Manager Fraud Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discover (Deerfield, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied in May but didn't get an interview for nearly 2 months. When they did, they had a 30 min phone interview with HR, 30 min phone interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with hiring manager, hiring manager's boss, and a 3rd manager. Discover Bank is in the process of setting up fraud detection tools and tracking, and the hiring managers have come over from other parts of the company and are fairly young developer-types. They know little about fraud detection or tools, and consequently probably did not relate well to my experience. They were looking for someone young and with a developer's background.

Interview Questions

• Describe your interest in the role of leading a fraud Agile/scrum team
      Tell me about a time you faced adversity in delivering a project
      Most of the questions for me had to deal with why I wanted to move to Chicago, and with my operational experience why I wanted to become a de facto scrum master (I have the certifications and have been trying to transition fully to that role since 2010)
      1 Answer

ELearning Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The HR screening interview was over the phone. Questions mostly vetted points on the resume for accuracy. This was followed with an interview with the hiring manager. This manager was curt and only asked a couple of questions before concluding the phone interview. The principal question posed was not one in which a person's qualifications could be gauged. Rather, it was a question about learning models followed by previous employers. Overall, the interviewing process was an unpleasant exercise with Discover.

Interview Questions

• What instructional system was used by you in your former job?   Answer Question

Senior Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discover (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

In person interview/tour of the facility with a personality activity and questionaire. One phone interview, and one to two in person interviews. Background check, fingerprinting and drug testing done on site. They will work to recommend what job seems to best for your personality and aspirations.

Interview Questions

• Why did you select (between 12 choices) this, as your weakness?   Answer Question

Acct Manager, Engage Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discover (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Met first with a senior recruiter, toured the facility, discussed personal and professional history, a bit of a personality test with listing attributes that are naturally a part of who I am, attributes I have had to work on to master, and how I would like to expand. Then met with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interviews take about a month to get everything out together, but they make it feel very nice and simple. Everyone is sweet and make you feel welcome not like an interview at all.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy. They make it very comfortable no trick question. Friendly they take you on a tour right away. Have a flash card exercise. Fun experience.
    First phone interview them one on one them you meet with hiring manager listen to a phone call and sum up wjat you hear.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview, an online test and personality quiz, an in-person interview, and a second in-person interview. The phone interview was fairly easy, and it just went through the logistics, and then she asked about a time to come in for an in-person interview. On the interview, she took me on a tour immediately, and talked about the company, and then asked me some questions. She asked me to come in for a second interview, where they would make their final decision. They got back to me within 10 minutes after the interview saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Q1: What would your past employer say are your greatest strengths? (and weaknesses).
      Q2: When have you dealt with very direct criticism?
      1 Answer

Junior SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discover (New Castle, DE) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The whole process took about 30 mins. The recruiter is nice. She asked some questions about my major and degree, my working experience, 2 behavior questions. She introduced the position very clear to me. She told me they would contacted me by the end of the week but I had not heard from them, so I don't know whether they will give me an on site interview or not.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a challenge project you have done. 2. When you have conflict with your customer, how did you solve it? 3. Why do you want to work for Discover?   Answer Question

Fraud Chargeback Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call to schedule for a phone interview within a week, Interviewer from HR was really nice and easy going. After the over the phone interview i was invited for a in-person interview. During the interview she show me a collection of note cards with words of personalities on it and rank them from which describe you the best to the least and give examples. After that she took me to walk around the whole center and show me where everything is at and the amenities in the center. The whole experience was very pleasant and I got an offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• arrange note cards and explain why it describe you the best.   Answer Question