Discover Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discover Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Applied onilne, Phone screening for the first round. 1 case study, 1 group interview, 1 group case study, and 2 thirty minute interviews.Overall it was a great learning experience.

Lean Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

I spoke to Discover at the career fair at my university. Later that week, I received an email asking me to apply online to their program, so I did. A couple days after, I received an email saying that I had a phone interview. I picked the time slot that worked for me (which was a week later from receiving the email). Then I had the phone interview and I heard back a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style. Describe how you prioritize tasks if they're all due on the same day.   Answer Question

MarketingProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discover (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Met recruiters on campus at a career fair and applied online through university website. Had a pre-night the night before with 25 interviewees and 2 recruiters where they gave us time to ask questions (which made it hard to have questions during the interview the next day). The actual interview was supposed to be 2 30 min 1 on 1s but they only scheduled 1 30 minute interview, so it felt very rushed. Standard behavioral questions but very repetitive and hard to think of different stories when one story could've likely fit for all questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you challenged the status quo.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to reevaluate a course of action after you'd sunk time and resources into it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discover in October 2016.

Interview

I would describe the interview experience as very straightforward. The interviewer was very professional and answered all questions with a great degree of detail. When I did get stumped on one question (describe an individually created innovation), the interviewer allowed time to gather my response and was patient. Because my interview was for a technical position, they did ask to rate expertise in various programming languages, but the balance between technical and behavioral was very fair.

Interview Questions

• Describe an innovation you have created.
      Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult group project member.
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Discover in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for this role through an employee referral and received an email from the HR within 5 days. The HR wanted to know my background, qualifications and salary expectation before scheduling an interview round with the hiring manager. I had to give these answers in the form of an email. After sending the responses, I did not hear back from the recruiter for almost 2 weeks. I emailed her twice to check my application status (whether I've been rejected), but I did not receive any response. After almost 3 months, I got an email from her saying "Thank you for the time you invested in the interview while we are sorry that we have selected someone else for this position"
    I never gave any "interview", nor did I receive any feedback from the recruiter. It was highly unprofessional on her end to not have a simple ethic of responding to a candidate (when she has emailed a couple of times)

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications?
      What are your salary expectations?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      Why do you want to work for Discover?
      Answer Question

Inbound Calls Interview

Interview

I went to a job fair and we had to talk to multiple people. One of the people had me sell them a pen. I could hear people around me making up crazy stuff about the pen. I sold the pen based on what it was, a cheap pen. 10 for a dollar and it works. I was hired on the spot.

Fraud Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discover (Glendale, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was with a three person panel, a hiring manager and two lead supervisors. The entire process took less than 30 minutes with typical interview questions. Name a time you did something under stress. Give an example of how you lead a project, where do you see yourself in 3-5 years etc. They worked off a pre-made questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a stressful project at work and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process.

Senior Associate, Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took 6+ weeks. First they started off with two phone screeen interviews and then they flew me onsite. There were 4 rounds for the onsite interview. Essentially the whole team interviewed me.
    A lot of behavioural questions were asked by the director, but the rest of the team focused on the technical aspect.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my background first. Then they moved on to case study questions. Had four rounds of interviews and all asked case study questions. One was about how would you calculate the risk of a new marketing effort.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview after meeting their qualifications. The interviewer was very friendly and asked questions about what classes I had taken at school. They also were interested in my previous experience interacting with customers.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you gave good customer service?   Answer Question

Project Manager, Analytics & Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discover in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got HR email about one week later to schedule phone screen. Asked routine questions. Like brief self introduction and whether have related work experience before. unfortunately, no next step..