Discover Portfolio Analysis Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Portfolio Analysis Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter for the position with Discover. After chatting with her, she submitted my resume to the hiring team and I was quickly scheduled for a phone interview with a manager and a director. We discussed my work history and current role as well as career development and it went really well. They wanted to fly me in immediately to meet with multiple members of the team but due to scheduling conflicts I had to push it off for several weeks. It seemed a good sign that they were willing to wait. Once I arrived at the corporate campus, it became apparent they had multiple positions to fill and they were throwing money around to try to get as broad of an applicant pool as possible. I met with one of the guys from the phone interview and then another manager who did a verbal SAS skills test. After that things went off the rails. The next manager that came in was not only unprepared, he was downright rude and dismissive. He didn't want to be there and made it clear he was uninterested. After that, instead of meeting with the director as scheduled, a peer to the position's level showed up and asked me questions about a completely unrelated position. Once she left they forgot I was there. I had to get the front desk to help me arrange a cab, despite the promise one would be waiting, and it took much diligence following up with HR to get reimbursed for my expenses - which they had promised to cover upfront but did not handle.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your work styles and general approach to dealing with projects and management.   Answer Question