Discover Interview Questions in Riverwoods, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

One screening interview over phone with recruiter. Average screening questions just going through my resume, what the job entails, salary preference, etc. One on-site interview with 4 individuals. All were very nice and respectful, and asked some standard HR questions.

Business Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I got an email from recruiter to look at my resume, since Discover didn't come to my school. She emailed back the next day to set up phone interview time with an employee. The phone interview was pretty easy, mainly asking what I knew about Discover and telling me about the company. Then she asked two behavioral questions and asked about a few things on my resume. The recruiter called the next day and set asked me to go to headquarters for Candidates Day, for on-site interview and a campus tour. We had a dinner the night before Candidates Day to talk to old interns who had just started full-time and it was paid for, as well as the overnight stay at the hotel. During Candidates Day, after the tour, we interviewed with four people, mostly managers looking for interns to be on their team. Three were for behavioral and resume questions and the last was mainly asking what skills we had, but not serious coding/testing. Each interview was half an hour long and we had lunch after the second interview. I was kind of nervous, just because it was an interview, but it wasn't actually too bad. Candidates Day and the dinner was Thursday/Friday and I got the phone call the Monday after saying I got an offer. :) Pretty smooth and quick process.

Interview Questions

• (From the phone screen) Give an example of what you would do if someone asked for something impossible, such as the moon, and wanted it tomorrow.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

There is the online application, then a HR recruiter will contact you if you meet the qualifications. If you pass the pre-screening, you will have to talk to four managers in the department you are trying to intern for.

Interview Questions

• HR Recruiter asked general questions such as why are you interested in Discover, what makes you interested in Discover's Internship Program. Have questions ready to ask about the company.
      For the second round, prepare to answer how this internship fits what you are looking for this summer and what are you career goals. It is very very behavioral and easy but be careful with every answer.
      Answer Question

Senior Associate, Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took 6+ weeks. First they started off with two phone screeen interviews and then they flew me onsite. There were 4 rounds for the onsite interview. Essentially the whole team interviewed me.
    A lot of behavioural questions were asked by the director, but the rest of the team focused on the technical aspect.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my background first. Then they moved on to case study questions. Had four rounds of interviews and all asked case study questions. One was about how would you calculate the risk of a new marketing effort.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter at HQ. She asked me a variety of basic questions around my background and how it pertained to the role I applied for, why I was looking, what I was looking for, etc. In that same conversation she moved me forward to a phone interview with the hiring manager. I spoke with the hiring manager the following week on a 30 minute call which was similar to my conversation with the recruiter in regards to the types of questions about my background but I was provided more detail about the role and what it would look like, what would be required, etc.

They moved me to an in-person interview 2 weeks following the phone interview where I sat down with 4 different people on the team for 45-60 minutes back to back. Each conversation was different and questions from each interviewer were different. Being that it was 4 hours long with no breaks it was definitely intense, but intense in a good way. I had a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral based... Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

ELearning Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The HR screening interview was over the phone. Questions mostly vetted points on the resume for accuracy. This was followed with an interview with the hiring manager. This manager was curt and only asked a couple of questions before concluding the phone interview. The principal question posed was not one in which a person's qualifications could be gauged. Rather, it was a question about learning models followed by previous employers. Overall, the interviewing process was an unpleasant exercise with Discover.

Interview Questions

• What instructional system was used by you in your former job?   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

HR screen phone interview explaining job and looking for a key words, going over what they offer and salary range, etc. That was followed by one on-site interview with hiring manager and 3 other people -behavioral STAR method plus small talk

Interview Questions

• walk me thru your resume, process improvements, why discover, job specific questions   Answer Question

Lean Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

meet with four to five people in one day for about four hours; all questions with each of the interviewers asked behavioral questions
    there was little time left to ask questions of the interviewers

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Unprofessionally. The recruiter was 10 minutes late and never apologized. He didn't take time to explain the position. He was extremely rude. I assume I'm no longer being considered but never heard back as he promised. Remember, candidates are Discover customers so they should be treated as such.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL).

Interview

Phone screen. A short case / problem was given to test analytic ability. Onsite interview with 4 people. Each interview was 45 minutes and focused on a different theme (background, analytic ability, fit, etc.). Cases were given. Some basic math was needed. Everyone was very nice. Not a stressful process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Discover?   2 Answers