Discover Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discover Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

There was an initial screening with HR. Later 2 rounds of phone interviews with Hiring manager and team member. Later, 4 round of interview onsite. The interviewers explained the process and the interviews went well. Even after 6 weeks of the interview, I haven't heard back from the recruiter. They don't reply to your emails or calls. The hiring manager informed that a decision will be made within 2 weeks. Looks like 2 weeks means 6 weeks to them

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Discover

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

HR contact to verify personal information and basic background and past work experience on resume, then arrange on site interview with hiring manager and cross functional team managers. No specific assigned room for interview. Quick turn around on providing interview results.

Interview Questions

• How did you do it to achieve the results for the old project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL).

Interview

Applied Online- recruiter called the next day, took my details and scheduled interview with the hiring manager.
    Hiring Manager asked basic behavioural questions and about my background, nothing technical.
    Was scheduled for a 2 hour in person interview at their facility.
    Was interviewed by 5 people and the questions were pretty simple and easy. They seemed nice and also talked about a lot of other things like their office building, cafeteria etc.
    Technical questions were very very basic and behavioural questions as usual.
    I followed up after a week but was told decision is not yet made.
    Followed up again and they told me you are under consideration and will let you know.
    Almost 2 months passed and got an automatic reply that we are moving ahead with other candidates.
    I had 4 other offers by then and it did not really mattered. I wonder why they took so long to just say a No.

Interview Questions

• 1- Tell a situation where you faced conflict and how you resolved it.
      2- Do you find this job interesting?
      3- Difference between inner and outer join, query to find top n salaried employees.
      4- Your biggest achievement.
      5- Why Agile over Waterfall.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

First round : phone interview 1 hour hr and little technical.
    Second round : In person interview. HR project Manager( while showing discover campus and explaining benefits) + Technical interview for 1 hour

They offered me different package senior developer instead of team lead as there are multiple positions.

First round: Technical.
    Secound round: HR

HR question:

I am senior developer I answered all technical interviews questions.

HR round is only 15 min. Its all depends on HR, if they feel you can embedded in culture they will offer.

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a call from HR setting up phone interview time. A simple 30-minute phone interview by the hiring manager, mainly asking about resume. Followed by a 6-people, 3.5-hour on-site two weeks later. Questions included resume, quiz and simple case-study. HR called two weeks later asking for intentions. Received job offer right afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe the overall process of the credit card business chain. In which part does Discover make profits?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

HR sent me the wrong JD. The first round is hiring manager phone interview. It is about 30-50 minutes. No technical questions. All based on your resume and behavior question. Not very difficult, but need get good preparation about position and company.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Phone call and one on one. Recruiter reached out on Linked in - had couple of phone interviews, then three interviewed with the direct manager and senior managers. Offer was made within ten days, and joining date was given after a month

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discover.

Interview

Common routing: submitted my resume and referral online, and then HR then phone screen. The phone interview was about 45 mins from a senior manager. No hard technical questions. Some questions about the company like "What are the sources of revenue of Discover?" and "What are the sources of cost of Discover?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Internal reference. Called twice in that week and in person interview next week. not that hard for phone interview. in person was tricky and a lot of details on SAS and SQL.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

There are three rounds for whole interview, two by telephone and one by on-site

Interview Questions

• One guy is trying to pull you away from the main topic and rejected you whenever you answered   Answer Question