Discover Interview Questions in West Valley City, UT | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2016

2.5

Student Loan Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT).

Interview

Discover takes applications online. If they like your application then they will set up a phone interview where they ask you questions about your work experience. If they like the phone interview your called into a personal interview. They ask general questions about previous work and ask how you would handle certain situations you may encounter on the job. To be honest, discover has been hurting for employees lately so as long as your background check isn't too bad and you can speak English at at 2ND grade level you will get the job.

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy. They make it very comfortable no trick question. Friendly they take you on a tour right away. Have a flash card exercise. Fun experience.
    First phone interview them one on one them you meet with hiring manager listen to a phone call and sum up wjat you hear.

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview, an online test and personality quiz, an in-person interview, and a second in-person interview. The phone interview was fairly easy, and it just went through the logistics, and then she asked about a time to come in for an in-person interview. On the interview, she took me on a tour immediately, and talked about the company, and then asked me some questions. She asked me to come in for a second interview, where they would make their final decision. They got back to me within 10 minutes after the interview saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Q1: What would your past employer say are your greatest strengths? (and weaknesses).
      Q2: When have you dealt with very direct criticism?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

They took me on a tour of the building in West Valley City, UT. Then we sat down and had 1.1 1 1/2 hr interview. It wen't very smooth, the most easy going relaxed interview I've been too.

Interview Questions

• Their was not a difficult interview question. It was straight to the   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy Interview. Basic questions. Listened to a pre-recorded call and had to describe the work ethic of the employee. background check, drug test, blah blah blah. was offered the job & later recieved an email that they didnt want to give me the job anymore, except it stated a job i didnt even apply for. and all of a sudden they dont answer their phones. very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Student Loan Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied on my computer, received a call the next day. Had a basic phone interview and was asked to come in for a face to face interview. Arrived early, was given a tour of the building first and then we went into her office for the interview. Pretty laid back, easy questions. Interviewer wanted me to meet the manager of the Student Loan department. She asked me about 10 questions about scenarios at my past jobs and what I did to resolve the problems that occurred. Got the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Very easy. Process took 2 days. Called me the day after I applied. They took me on a tour of the building. They went over all of the employee benefits.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided friendly customer service.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online in March. Never heard anything until the end of April when recruiter emailed to say he wanted to discuss upcoming opportunities with me and we set up a phone interview. Did phone interview, very relaxed and basic. He scheduled me for a face to face interview with him that was similar to the phone interview. I was told I would hear if I was selected for a final panel interview by the following week. I did not receive any follow up until six weeks later. I had sent emails during that long wait. When they did call to proceed with the interview process, I was given two days to make arrangements for the final interview which I was unable to attend due to a scheduling conflict. When I called to reschedule I had to leave a message and still have yet to receive a follow up call from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to be adaptable with a work change?   Answer Question

CSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

the questions were very basic with very interested people. they were great judges of talent. they are very liberal for my liking on looks (not a fan of tattoos or gage peicings

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discover (West Valley City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

had a phone interview, then had a one on one interview, then had a hiring interview, and then received an offer of the job, then filled out all the paperwork required.

Interview Questions

• customer service questions.   1 Answer