DiscoverOrg Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DiscoverOrg Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at DiscoverOrg

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

HR was quick to respond and did a quick call to answer my basic questions (and have me answer theirs). Next I was given a cognitive assessment test to take at home. Met with sales management in person. Got offer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DiscoverOrg

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview was laid back and ran through the team quickly to be met at the end by Henry Schuck the company CEO. He was excited and offered me the job on the spot. That they are desperate for individual contributors, and how impressed he is with my qualifications. He said that he would send a written offer the next day, which did not arrive until three days later with no start date. He required me to apply for a federal retraining grant and run through a humiliating screening process with WorkSource Vancouver before "starting." A few days later I got a call that there are "flags" and "concerns" raised, and was given the hint that I was not starting until after they delved into all of my personal references. Then he had one of his subordinates call all my references and ignore my emails. The ceo never got back with me, but had one of his subordinates send me an email rescinding the employment offer.

This was the most unprofessional experience I have ever had with a company owner. He did not answer emails asking about start date, etc. and when I showed up to find out the details he treated me like a million dollar producing body he was not quite sure he wanted.

I have ten years of agressive sales experience and a graduate degree. I can't help but think he would have been less concerned if I just got fired from the Safeway Store as a Grocery Bagger.

Interview Questions

• But, what was most difficult was knowing that his loyal, motivated, and talented team of creative folks where probably not receiving the respect they deserve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really was not one, the company says it wants motivated people, but that means that you move next to the office and work 80 hours a week for a boss who can't give you the courtesy of a start date after he offers you a job. The deal is, bring in 1.5 Million in sales for an entry level salary, and be excited about it even if the owner does not respect his people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Prompt contact by staff member after submitting application and resume online to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was informative and afterwards I was given a simple test which requires you to demonstrate you have done some research into the Sales Intelligence market and also can find your way around their online database. After successfully completing this step I was brought in for a panel interview. It was informal and an enjoyable conversation. We all got on well but I felt afterwards the interviewers dd not feel I would be the best fit for the position.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg.

Interview

A long, arduous, fair and ultimately inhuman process. The process began with a one-person phone screen where my fundamental sales acumen was interpreted. Check. Next was a technical intuition test which is easy to anyone who has some decent experience with a CRM platform. Passed that. Next, I was invited in for a 3-person panel interview where I was again tested on my sales chops and then practiced some situational role playing. This was all fair and I did well. Incidentally, I withdrew my application but they called and convinced me to reconsider because I was "exactly what they were looking for". However, "we really need you to come (in person) and complete this JobFit test to see if you're compatible with our culture." This was no minor effort. A 182-question career compatibility test that includes everything from aptitude to complex math problems. No calculators or dictionaries allowed. After the first 90 minutes I began to think that this was really just a test of my patience because they had already given me every positive indication including, "the timing is great to get you on board".
    I was surprised that the result of all that effort would be that their interest be rescinded because a computer program disagreed with their human judgement. I didn't mind the JobFit test in the end. Maybe I wasn't a fit. I just wish they had held their verbal praise and influence until the whole process was complete, so as to not get my hopes up. I feel like the JobFit test should be in the middle of the process instead of the end but when you subscribe to this kind of software, I guess you have to pay for each test and is it worth it for them must be the question. It was an atypical interview experience.

Interview Questions

• "We have a bit of a frat-boy atmosphere around here. Are you okay with that?"   Answer Question