DiscoverOrg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DiscoverOrg

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process at DiscoverOrg was very transparent and easy. Someone from HR reached out to me on LinkedIn, and I started out with a phone screen from HR, then the skills test, and then two on-site interviews. It was a very quick and painless!

Interview Questions

• Most of the first phone screen and first on-site interview were questions related to my work experience and what kind of company culture/work environment I was interested in. The second on-site interview was more behavioral/situational. Q: Explain to me five situations that you have overcome and had success. Q: What about the tech industry interests you? Q: What did you like/dislike about your past jobs?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website, had two phone interviews and one in-person interview. They asked me to complete an AngularJS application with a focus on component-driven architecture. One more sentence and now this will be 30 words.

Interview Questions

• Difference between .call(), .apply(), .bind() in JavaScript.   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

The first thing they hit me with was the phone screen. After proving I am capable of a coherent conversation with another human being, I was put through a brief technical phone interview. After verifying our goals were mutual, I was brought in for a face to face interview. The interview was scheduled for 1.5 hours but ended after just over 2 hours. The interview was with 4 members of the prospective team and they all knew their stuff. I was grilled up and down my resume over everything from the technologies that I have used to experiences with performance and QA issues. There was generic and specific technical questions as well as a few of the usual, "tell us about a time when you had a confrontation with an employee" type stuff. I also solved a few whiteboard, front end based programming questions. It was relaxed but intense and everyone had a great personality.

Interview Questions

• They focused heavily on JavaScript and the many paradigms associated with it.   1 Answer

Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Conshohocken, PA) in October 2018.

Interview

I had a short phone interview with HR. Mainly learned more about the role, and discussed my work experience. For my in person interview, it lasted about an hour. We discussed the role more in depth, I went over my experience, and all of my questions were answered. Then we did a role play scenario, showing my ability to make a pitch over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Engage in a role play with the topic of your choice. Help a customer "over the phone".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. Started with a phone interview with the internal recruiter. She was very nice and worked around my schedule, asked basic background questions to gauge my personality and how I sound on the phone. For the second in person interview, I meet with VP of Sales and Manager or Biz Development. Meeting was around an hour. Asked basic questions around experience and how it could translate to the role I was applying for. We did some role playing and discussed how I overcome objections. I received an offer the next day, negotiated salary and signing incentives, then formally accepted the offer. Over all very pleased with the process and excited to be working for one of the fastest growing companies in the US with a company culture that is second to none.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg in August 2015.

Interview

I took an aptitude test before the interview. The one interview I had lasted 20 minutes. They offered me a job with a quick and easy negotiation. I was impressed by their ability to recognize what they want and not waste time.

Interview Questions

• Because price is the biggest hurdle, do I have the conviction to convince business leaders to invest in DiscoverOrg over a lower cost alternative.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were kind, professional, easy-going, and helpful in elaborating on the product, mission/vision, and goals of the specific role that I was applying for. I had a phone screen and a couple of in-person interviews before I was offered a position here. The first interview consisted of a really great conversation with three members of the Human Resources team. The second interview consisted of a dialogue with the head of the SDR team, as well as the VP. Both were friendly, and asked questions that were geared more towards the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• This was a really interesting question, actually. One of my interview questions was actually set-up as a debate. The interviewer asked me to persuade him of something that has two different sides.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with HR that led to a succession of three personal interviews. I was actually hired for a different position than what I originally applied for

Interview Questions

• Since this is a new industry for me, I was asked how my background and skills would relate to the position I was interviewing for.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg.

Interview

I took an Omnia aptitude test and then had an in person interview at the office. The whole process was efficient and professional. Everyone I met was friendly, intelligent, and a good representative of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Had initial Phone screen with HR Recruiter, then took Omnia aptitude test. Early the next week met with Manager of Sales Development and Director of Sales Development. Lastly, met with VP of Customer Success. Received offer same day as final interview. Entire process was very professional, effective, and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Debate something we both have an interest in, but have different perspectives on.   Answer Question

See What DiscoverOrg Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Senior Acc in Bethesda, MD

Pros: “You don't get a lot of opportunities in sales to be able to offer a truly best-in-class product. We do. The trajectory and growth of the company is unreal and the data space will only...”“You don't get a lot of opportunities in sales to be able to offer a truly best-in-class product. We do. The trajectory and growth of the company is unreal and the data space will only increase in value! Leadership is very transparent about both short and long-term goals and very open to feedback. They are always available to assist, from CEO on down! As a sales rep, the tools I have available help me be more successful and DiscoverOrg gives us absolutely every tool and resource available to help us be as successful as possible. Culture is great, lots of fun without feeling like they are "trying too hard".” – Full Review