DiscoverOrg Sales Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DiscoverOrg Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at DiscoverOrg

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying online, you will receive a call from one of the HR reps to have an informational interview about the role. You will also answer the generic interview questions that you get anywhere.

Assuming you are a good fit, they will have you take an Omnia test (intelligence indicative test). If you get a high enough score on that, you will be called in for an interview with the hiring manager(s) of the department (in sales, this could be one or more of about 4 different people).

Depending on who you interview with, you may need a second interview with the head of the department.

Turnaround on an offer is pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this role?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
  • If you worked in sales before, they will ask about your previous ideal buyer persona and have you sell your old product to them.   Answer Question
  • Do you read any books? If yes, what types of books do you typically read?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DiscoverOrg

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via a list at my college for a phone interview. After the phone interview I had to take a few tests online for English/arithmetic. Then I went in person to their office to meet two people interviewing me. Instantly after the two people interviewing me, I met with one last person and later received the job offer over the phone the same day.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred to DiscoverOrg by my recruiter and informed that the company was looking to hire quickly. They weren't lying! My interview was with the Director of Sales Development and SVP of Sales. Questions were brief and to the point. If you've done your research, you'll be successful. If not, you'll struggle. Confidence is key.

They're great at reading people quickly, so the interview did not last long. I received a verbal offer at the end of our conversation.

Interview Questions

• After the value proposition of the company's product was explained to me, I was asked to "sell" it to the interviewer.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient and professional. Everyone involved in the hiring process showed respect, humility and confidence regarding their company. They were very direct and to the point which is always appreciated in the job search market. I would give the company a 10/10 on the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Depending on what position you are applying for I am sure you get asked different questions. Do your research and you will not get caught off guard!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application I was contacted by Human Resources and a brief phone interview was scheduled. This was followed by 2 video interviews. From submitting an application to start date was roughly a month's time.

Between the brief phone interview and 2 video interviews I was required to take a quick online math/verbal test. The video interviews were a mix of job history questions, questions about the current position and if I was a good fit, and questions about myself.

I received an offer after the final video interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the biggest challenge you'll face in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process started with the general phone call with a team member from DiscoverOrg, following that was a more detailed phone interview and then an offer to come on site for an interview. The onsite interview was more detailed and involved standard interview questions as well as a mock sales scenario. After that there was a video interview where you spoke with another employee of the company who got more detailed but was more or less the same interview questions. Later that afternoon I was given an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Conshohocken, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email after filling out an online application. I had an initial phone screen, completed a basic skills exam, and then interviewed onsite with the team.

Interview Questions

• What specifically attracted you to DiscoverOrg?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Started by applying via LinkedIn, was contacted by a recruiter via email, had a phone interview and then followed a couple days later with a Skype interview (since I was traveling at the time for my previous job).

Interview Questions

• Why sales and why SaaS at DiscoverOrg specifically?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

They were excellent at the interviewing process. They started with a phone screen. They do an aptitude test as well too see how you are doing it’s not too hard. And moved on to an in person interview. One thing they like to do is have you role play your sales skills so be ready for that. Then they had me do a video interview with someone in Philadelphia. They then called back the same day to offer me the job they said they move fast and they do. Great painless interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DiscoverOrg (Vancouver, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

There were two interviews, one over the phone and one on-site with two sales managers. The phone interview was approximately 30 minutes and the on-site was approximately two hours.

Interview Questions

• What is one two-sided argument you could persuade me on?   1 Answer

See What DiscoverOrg Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Customer Success Manager

Pros: “1. It's very rare that a company like DiscoverOrg, who is growing at a rapid pace, still takes the time to listen to their employees. The executive team and senior leadership truly...”“1. It's very rare that a company like DiscoverOrg, who is growing at a rapid pace, still takes the time to listen to their employees. The executive team and senior leadership truly have an open door. If you are unhappy or you identify an opportunity for improvement and speak up, not only will they hear you but they will make changes. Key thing here is make your business case and speak up for what you want, chattering around everything you don't like will only keep you where you are and will not impact change. 2. The product continues to evolve for the better. What's coming down the pipeline with the new platform is a game changer. Because of our product and the team, we truly will be the next Salesforce, where everyone knows our name and everyone wants to work here 3. Always changing and getting better. My cons below are cons right now but are getting better little by little and I'm sure they won't be cons in the future.” – Full Review