Discovery Communications Associate Producer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery Communications Associate Producer Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR. This was followed by a phone interview with the show's producer. The last stage was a Skype interview with the whole team. It was very informal. Each interview stage was under thirty minutes long. I was hired very quickly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

It was very brief and rushed. There was no information provided about specifics of the job.
    The interviewer seemed bored and disinterested in doing anything but filling the position as quickly as possible.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

The initial communication was via email. A phone interview followed. The people I worked with were all very intelligent and creative. My office mates came from diverse geographic, cultural, and academic backgrounds. The corporate culture encouraged diverse opinions, innovation, and ideas regardless of job title.

Meetings often included people from other departments. This provided an opportunity to find out the needs and concerns of a particular program or project from a variety of perspectives.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my offer. My advice is to ask, because you never know if you don't ask.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a few weeks of back and forth emails. I had a friend refer me to a hiring manager and corresponded from there. 2 Interviews a week apart and I was in. The hiring manager was extremely personable and we established a pretty friendly camaraderie before we ever met in person, so I had a lot of confidence going into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a challenging moment in your career that helps describe your work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unemployed at the time and was quite happy with their initial offer.