Discovery Communications Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery Communications Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone interview with HR a month or two later. Then an in person interview with assistant I was to replace. A couple months and a few reschedules later, I met with the boss. A week later was offered the job. From the time I applied for the job, it took about 4 months. A long process, but everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. They maintained great lines of communication throughout and responded to my follow up emails quickly. The interviews themselves were conversational, comfortable, and friendly, with a few challenging questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake that you've made that you'll never make again?   Answer Question
  • People often say they are multi-taskers when they're really not; what sets you apart and makes you believe you really are good at multi-tasking?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. They let me know the pay rate ahead of time. Pay was far above what I was expecting.

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was straightforward but VERY slow and drawn-out. Not sure if it had to do with the candidate pool OR the company not really knowing exactly what to look for in the job description, but seems to be the norm for most hiring in other departments within Discovery.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional goals   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Did phone interview then a video conference. Asked you typical interview questions, long process will let you know in a month if you get the job or not. Pretty simple but it's a waiting game.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about being an EA? What is the most important quality an EA should posses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

I had two phone interviews and then, finally, an in-person interview with the hiring manager. It went very well, to the point where I actually expected another in-person interview the following week with one of the staff members that I would be supporting. The position was an excellent match for my skills and experience, and I was very excited at the possibility of becoming part of this dynamic company. However, I found out the next day that they decided on another candidate.