Discovery Communications Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery Communications Human Resources Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2016.

Interview

Record a five minutes interview video. Applicants can practice online first, once you get used to the system, you can record your video formally. Some basic questions were asked in this video interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an email requesting an interview through HireVue a few days later. The interview requires that you answer 5 pre-programmed questions on your webcam. You are given one minute to think about the question and one minute to respond... then it moves on. It was very disappointing to not interview with an actual person. It is important to establish rapport in an interview, and this interview method was, quite honestly, horrible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and was contacted a couple of days later for a phone screen. I was initially very impressed with the response time. Phone screen was very generic, just walking through my resume, what a typical day looked like and why I left each company. I was told that I would be contacted to schedule an in person interview, but I never heard from the recruiter. I even emailed her to ask the status and did not get a response. It's fine if they went in a different direction but at least respond to the candidates.

Interview Questions

• The phone screen just consisted of what I did at each job and why I left.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Century City, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was standard. In person interview was too. Found it odd that they suggest that you park in the Century City Mall and walk 2 blocks to their building.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

It took a while before I finally got a phone call about positions I had applied to. I eventually got a call and went in for an interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. The salary was pretty straight forward. For others considering an offer - I'd aim higher or else you'll regret it on the backside.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online with my CV and then the HR Administrator got in contact with me for a phone interview. I then got an email to say I was shortlisted for an interview that was face to face with a manager and arranged to see her. I was shown up to the room and the interview was very informal. She just skimmed through my CV and asked random questions from it and scribbled a few notes over the CV. No competency questions or anything like that. I was then told that I would get feedback by next week but I never heard another word from then which I think is so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is relevant to this role?   Answer Question