Discovery Communications Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery Communications Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Computer recording where you'd have 30 seconds to read and think and 1 minute to answer. There were only 3 Questions. Then, a phone call with supervisor where they asked questions specific to the internship category.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern with Discovery Communications?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I was contacted through e-mail couple days after submitting my resume. I did a somewhat awkward interview that was held completely online and by myself. It is through HireVue and basically all you have to do is talking to yourself while staring at the camera... Discovery gives you about 2 minutes to prepare for each question, and gives two attempts. There is time limit, and depending on the question, it is generally a minute to a minute and half. There are about 4-5 questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Rochester, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a video interview a week after I applied. the questions are not to hard but talking to a camera is a little bit awkward. Check the interview questions on glassdoor and be prepared. Still waiting for the result.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by Discovery for a video interview after 2.5 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring ) on April 5th 2017. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Video recording. Definitely a little awkward since you have the timer and a recording of yourself to distract you, but the questions aren't too tricky and don't require long answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I have applied multiple times with Discovery. This, ultimately, was my dream job. I applied online for the position and the next day, I received an email saying that I was selected for an online interview and had three days to complete. I went through several rounds of practice interviews which really helped me in the process. However, I did not receive a response until two months later saying that I did not get the internship. I am highly disappointed that they did not select me, despite already having a degree in film and applying as a post-graduate student. In the email, the employer encouraged me to apply again for another internship with them which I will not do as they already burned that bridge. I know several other people from undergrad that applied for internships with Discovery and they did not get the internships as well. So I encourage others not to pursue even an internship with this company.

Interview Questions

• How did/would you resolve an issue with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website, and get the video interview on HireVue about two weeks later. There are five basic questions, each is about 1 or 1.5 minutes. Still waiting for the result.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, received an email with a link to an online interview where you were filmed while answering questions (there was no one to talk to), very awkward and poor way to figure out the most qualified candidates. I personally don't have much experience talking to myself about myself.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Recorded an online interview with three simple questions. Then was contacted a few weeks later and spoke to a manager online. Was hired at the end of the call. Overall, not too difficult, but I knew an employee who flagged my application. Can take a while to hear back after you submit an application. They have thousands of applicants, but the first step is getting a recorded interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Discovery? What is your favorite Discovery show and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I was contacted to conduct an interview through an online video service that records you speaking. It only had four questions, so make sure to answer them thoroughly. They give you a round to practice, but during the real thing you have one minute to answer and cannot go back. I was never given an contact person though, which would have been nice to follow up with.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would get someone to watch a show that they've never heard of   Answer Question