Discovery Communications Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery Communications Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, received an email with a link to an online interview where you were filmed while answering questions (there was no one to talk to), very awkward and poor way to figure out the most qualified candidates. I personally don't have much experience talking to myself about myself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Recorded an online interview with three simple questions. Then was contacted a few weeks later and spoke to a manager online. Was hired at the end of the call. Overall, not too difficult, but I knew an employee who flagged my application. Can take a while to hear back after you submit an application. They have thousands of applicants, but the first step is getting a recorded interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Discovery? What is your favorite Discovery show and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I was contacted to conduct an interview through an online video service that records you speaking. It only had four questions, so make sure to answer them thoroughly. They give you a round to practice, but during the real thing you have one minute to answer and cannot go back. I was never given an contact person though, which would have been nice to follow up with.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would get someone to watch a show that they've never heard of   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a hirevue online interview 2 days later. Dont think I did too well on it but we will see. The first question asked how you could benefit the company and why you are well suited for the job (the why should we hire you). The second was asking why do u want to work at discovery. The third is what discovery show comveys purpose of this companh the best. The last one I forgot but I answered it pretty well I think.

Interview Questions

• What discovery show do you think conveys the purpose of this comany the best?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews is through HireVu, where you stare at a computer screen being filmed and answering questions within a one-minute time limit per question. You also aren't given a chance to look back at your answers to edit them or even view them, which makes it slightly stressful. However, it's very short and only took me about 8 minutes total for the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in December 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about 6 weeks. After completing my application I was contacted to do the virtual online interview. This was a bit intimidating talking into your camera. You only have 30 seconds to read the questions then 1 minute to answer the questions. After the virtual interview about 2 weeks later I received the phone interview with the person I would be working under. The interview was pretty stress free and fun. Really enjoyed the phone interview. Another 2 weeks I received the news I received the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

This was the first video interview I have ever done and it was a little nerve-wracking at first, but I really enjoyed answering the questions. The questions started off general and then became more specific by the third round. Seeing the timer tick away was a little distracting. I suggest preparing for the interview by recording yourself a few times before doing the actual interview.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the companies website and then I was emailed and asked to do an online interview through Hirevue where they asked you 4 questions and gave you 1 minute to answer. I am now waiting to hear back from them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and one week later I was informed to take a video interview. The interview process is very uncomfortable because basically you are talking to no-one and you only have 1 minute to answer each questions

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

The interview process was not bad. I applied online through the corporate site, I was then emailed to conduct a Skype interview answering questions that were automated (essentially you will talk to a computer), Lastly, was an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince your parents to watch your favorite tv show that they have never heard of?   Answer Question