Discovery Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I submitted an online application and video interview, and kept in touch with a college recruiter. I was contacted 3 months later for a phone interview with the manager, who was very kind. I received an offer the next day.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I had to do an online interviewing process. It was kind of difficult to watch yourself on the screen recording your answers. Had about two minutes to answer each one but time went quickly.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach an alien to make a peanut butter jelly sandwich?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Online interview. They give you a written question and you send in video recordings of your answers. Slightly awkward and I had technical difficulties, making the interview process not work for me.

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online (no referral), and a week later got an automated message asking me to take a video interview within 48 hours. I had to download the HireVue app and find a quiet, well-lit space to film in. The interview was 8 questions: two were typed "essays" (How did you find out about this job? Is temp to perm position OK?) and six were video responses. You got 30 seconds to read and prep for each video response and 1-3 minutes to record (based on the question). I got one try for each.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Computer recording where you'd have 30 seconds to read and think and 1 minute to answer. There were only 3 Questions. Then, a phone call with supervisor where they asked questions specific to the internship category.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern with Discovery Communications?   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Interview

Awkward video interview where you record yourself answering questions. You have two minutes of prep time before each question and you get two tries, but you can't choose which try to submit. So if your second try is worse than the first one, you're out of luck. They e-mailed me Tuesday evening and wanted it done by the following Friday and it was during my Spring Break. Luckily I had my laptop with me and I was only in Orlando and not on a cruise, but I didn't have any business attire with me and had to record it in a hotel room. Not a big deal, but I wish I had more time.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite TV show and why   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an invite to do a virtual interview that records your responses to a series of questions. Two days later I received an e-mail for an in-person interview in their NY office in which I spoke to two members of two different teams.

Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in May 2017.

Interview

Was invited to do a first round interview over the phone and it went well. I was then invited to do an evaluation to test my excel skills. It has been two months and I have not heard back from the company. Regardless of outcome, they were very unprofessional and poor at communicating.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background in finance and how you can apply it to this position.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Video Interview - Prompt on screen, have to answer questions that pop up, was contacted about 1 month after applying. Had bout 1 week to complete the online interview, was pretty straight forward and was easy to complete.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Awkward video interview, which is pretty lazy, and then had to hunt them down to check status.
    Really hurts their brand to see this approach. Lost a customer in me, in case that matters