Discovery Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online (no referral), and a week later got an automated message asking me to take a video interview within 48 hours. I had to download the HireVue app and find a quiet, well-lit space to film in. The interview was 8 questions: two were typed "essays" (How did you find out about this job? Is temp to perm position OK?) and six were video responses. You got 30 seconds to read and prep for each video response and 1-3 minutes to record (based on the question). I got one try for each.

Public Relations Interview

Interview

Awkward video interview where you record yourself answering questions. You have two minutes of prep time before each question and you get two tries, but you can't choose which try to submit. So if your second try is worse than the first one, you're out of luck. They e-mailed me Tuesday evening and wanted it done by the following Friday and it was during my Spring Break. Luckily I had my laptop with me and I was only in Orlando and not on a cruise, but I didn't have any business attire with me and had to record it in a hotel room. Not a big deal, but I wish I had more time.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite TV show and why   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an invite to do a virtual interview that records your responses to a series of questions. Two days later I received an e-mail for an in-person interview in their NY office in which I spoke to two members of two different teams.

Internship Interview

Interview

Video Interview - Prompt on screen, have to answer questions that pop up, was contacted about 1 month after applying. Had bout 1 week to complete the online interview, was pretty straight forward and was easy to complete.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I was contacted through e-mail couple days after submitting my resume. I did a somewhat awkward interview that was held completely online and by myself. It is through HireVue and basically all you have to do is talking to yourself while staring at the camera... Discovery gives you about 2 minutes to prepare for each question, and gives two attempts. There is time limit, and depending on the question, it is generally a minute to a minute and half. There are about 4-5 questions.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I was supposed to meet with three interviewers but only two were there. They were unfriendly at the reception. They didn't offer a tour of the facility, a drink, or a place to hang a jacket. During the interview they seemed uninterested, barely made eye contact, and had an overall cold feeling. It felt like they really did not want to be interviewing. They told me I would hear a decision by the end of the week. Didn't hear anything the next week. After I reached out without hearing anything for two weeks, they told me they filled the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Rochester, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a video interview a week after I applied. the questions are not to hard but talking to a camera is a little bit awkward. Check the interview questions on glassdoor and be prepared. Still waiting for the result.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by Discovery for a video interview after 2.5 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring ) on April 5th 2017. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a video interview. Recorded everything online. You can prepare as long as you want and had two chance to record. Most questions were mentioned on Glassdoor before. Never heard back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Video recording. Definitely a little awkward since you have the timer and a recording of yourself to distract you, but the questions aren't too tricky and don't require long answers.