Discovery Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Ad Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Was asked to do a video priliminary interview where you are given one attempt per question to record your answer. You can not watch your answer or review what you have said.

Digital Media Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

The interview is held via an online application which gives you question prompts and then gives you a period of time to prepare your answer. You then record video responses to the questions. I personally didn't like this format because it felt uncomfortable and impersonal, but it was efficient and succint.

Interview Questions

• What is your current favorite online media site?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Online interview. They give you a written question and you send in video recordings of your answers. Slightly awkward and I had technical difficulties, making the interview process not work for me.

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online (no referral), and a week later got an automated message asking me to take a video interview within 48 hours. I had to download the HireVue app and find a quiet, well-lit space to film in. The interview was 8 questions: two were typed "essays" (How did you find out about this job? Is temp to perm position OK?) and six were video responses. You got 30 seconds to read and prep for each video response and 1-3 minutes to record (based on the question). I got one try for each.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an invite to do a virtual interview that records your responses to a series of questions. Two days later I received an e-mail for an in-person interview in their NY office in which I spoke to two members of two different teams.

Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in May 2017.

Interview

Was invited to do a first round interview over the phone and it went well. I was then invited to do an evaluation to test my excel skills. It has been two months and I have not heard back from the company. Regardless of outcome, they were very unprofessional and poor at communicating.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background in finance and how you can apply it to this position.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Interview

Awkward video interview where you record yourself answering questions. You have two minutes of prep time before each question and you get two tries, but you can't choose which try to submit. So if your second try is worse than the first one, you're out of luck. They e-mailed me Tuesday evening and wanted it done by the following Friday and it was during my Spring Break. Luckily I had my laptop with me and I was only in Orlando and not on a cruise, but I didn't have any business attire with me and had to record it in a hotel room. Not a big deal, but I wish I had more time.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite TV show and why   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

Video Interview - Prompt on screen, have to answer questions that pop up, was contacted about 1 month after applying. Had bout 1 week to complete the online interview, was pretty straight forward and was easy to complete.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I was contacted through e-mail couple days after submitting my resume. I did a somewhat awkward interview that was held completely online and by myself. It is through HireVue and basically all you have to do is talking to yourself while staring at the camera... Discovery gives you about 2 minutes to prepare for each question, and gives two attempts. There is time limit, and depending on the question, it is generally a minute to a minute and half. There are about 4-5 questions.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I was supposed to meet with three interviewers but only two were there. They were unfriendly at the reception. They didn't offer a tour of the facility, a drink, or a place to hang a jacket. During the interview they seemed uninterested, barely made eye contact, and had an overall cold feeling. It felt like they really did not want to be interviewing. They told me I would hear a decision by the end of the week. Didn't hear anything the next week. After I reached out without hearing anything for two weeks, they told me they filled the position.