Discovery Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

You submit the application online, it doesn't matter what you applied for. Then you do a video screening interview, takes 20 min. If they like what they see on the video screening interview they invite you to a career fair type event. The managers are standing areas under departments (digital media, marketing, finance). You then get in massive lines to talk to each manager and when you get to the front you must sell yourself in a 30 second elevator pitch. You bring 10 copies of your resume and pray one of the managers remembers you enough to hire you. You go home questioning yourself and they let you know if one of them hired you after a month.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

First had an easy conversation with a recruiter over the phone, then met with my line manager and someone in the team for a 1 hour interview. Mainly asking about my experience. The last interview was a case study

Interview Questions

• Case study: data given and had to interpret and find insights   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Evanston, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted via video recording, instead of video conference or phone call. It's quite obvious that they made every effort to make interviewees more comfortable with the process, and gave interviewees time to practice / rehearse before they start to record themselves. However, getting an interview without actual, human interaction was still very disorienting.

Interview Questions

• What experience prepared you for Discovery's internship program?   Answer Question

IT Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Intensive 1 hour discussion with supervisor, exploring background and being quizzed on IT knowledge. Very friendly, excellent discussion. Very easy to talk to, felt like a thorough examination of whether it was a good fit. Then met with internal client who was less focused.

Interview Questions

• Describe a user story for the described product   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

five questions that had to be answered through the computer. Was extremely awkward and weird. Questions through you off quite a bit. There was also a timed writing test. All past things i have read never said this, so i was quite surprised.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After about 1 week, I received an email inviting me to do a video interview on March 7th. The interview was required to be completed by March 10th.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite show?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (London, England (UK)).

Interview

An online application where you upload a CV, cover letter and complete a range of questions. If you pass this stage you are invited for a telephone interview and then called in for an interview. Before the interview you may be asked to prepare a presentation to present infront of your interviewer.

Altogether the process took around a month, and was pretty straight forward. The questions were all generic, strengths, weeknesses, tell me a bit about yourself...

Interview Questions

• What you know about the industry   1 Answer

SummerProgramming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

At their office in London, with 2 senior staff members; one who would be the manager of the internship and one from the HR department. The personality part of the interview was quite short, then there was a short CV review with questions. Following this, they mainly wanted to know if I had done my homework about the specific role and programming.

Interview Questions

• What factors should Discovery in particular consider in their programming?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Thorough. There were questions around my background and experience, personality fit, some scenario based questions. All standards stuff.It was a single interview process that lasted 1 hour and the line manager ran with the process. It was a single interview and a decision was made the next day.

Interview Questions

• Forecast how many Bicycles are foretasted to be on the roads in London in that year   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Calm, understanding, respectful - with two people. Curious about why I wanted to work there, what I knew, what I could contribute. Tested my knowledge of discovery brands. I brought a portfolio specifically tailored to the position and to Discovery. I had interned there before so I had a prior relationship. My supervisor flew in from another state to meet with me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer