Discovery Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Interview

Video Interview - Prompt on screen, have to answer questions that pop up, was contacted about 1 month after applying. Had bout 1 week to complete the online interview, was pretty straight forward and was easy to complete.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Awkward video interview, which is pretty lazy, and then had to hunt them down to check status.
    Really hurts their brand to see this approach. Lost a customer in me, in case that matters

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Online resume submittal, follow-up phone screening and then one interview. Direct interview by future superior. The offer was made almost immediately. The manager was striving for diversity in his hiring.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Public Relations Interview

Interview

Awkward video interview where you record yourself answering questions. You have two minutes of prep time before each question and you get two tries, but you can't choose which try to submit. So if your second try is worse than the first one, you're out of luck. They e-mailed me Tuesday evening and wanted it done by the following Friday and it was during my Spring Break. Luckily I had my laptop with me and I was only in Orlando and not on a cruise, but I didn't have any business attire with me and had to record it in a hotel room. Not a big deal, but I wish I had more time.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite TV show and why   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I was supposed to meet with three interviewers but only two were there. They were unfriendly at the reception. They didn't offer a tour of the facility, a drink, or a place to hang a jacket. During the interview they seemed uninterested, barely made eye contact, and had an overall cold feeling. It felt like they really did not want to be interviewing. They told me I would hear a decision by the end of the week. Didn't hear anything the next week. After I reached out without hearing anything for two weeks, they told me they filled the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I was contacted through e-mail couple days after submitting my resume. I did a somewhat awkward interview that was held completely online and by myself. It is through HireVue and basically all you have to do is talking to yourself while staring at the camera... Discovery gives you about 2 minutes to prepare for each question, and gives two attempts. There is time limit, and depending on the question, it is generally a minute to a minute and half. There are about 4-5 questions.

IT Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Intensive 1 hour discussion with supervisor, exploring background and being quizzed on IT knowledge. Very friendly, excellent discussion. Very easy to talk to, felt like a thorough examination of whether it was a good fit. Then met with internal client who was less focused.

Interview Questions

• Describe a user story for the described product   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by Discovery for a video interview after 2.5 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring ) on April 5th 2017. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

3 weeks after submitting application I received an email to do a video interview through HireVue. Questions weren't very difficult, but seeing yourself answer feels a little strange. It has been almost two months since that interview, and I am still waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite tv show on Discovery Network or otherwise?   Answer Question
    • What sets you apart as a candidate?   Answer Question
    • Name a marketing campaign you have seen lately that you were impressed with.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

About one week after submitting an application, I received an email to complete a self-recorded video interview by the weekend. You could practice beforehand, but there were 4 video questions (30 seconds to prepare your answer, 1 minute to answer) and you could redo it once if you preferred. The last question was a timed (10 minutes) short answer asking how you would sell a prospective student on your school while giving them a tour.