Discovery Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I never spoke with an actual person- it was a digital interview through a service called HireVue, where you had to record videos of yourself answering questions and had a minute or so beforehand to prepare your answer and only one opportunity to re-record your response. There were 5 questions

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

Heard back after 2 weeks for a video recording interview. I answered five questions to a recording of myself. You were allowed two tries. Just took it haven't heard back yet.

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

You fill out an online application (sans cover letter) and answer a couple of short/interesting questions. You then receive an email for a virtual interview where you record yourself answering 5 questions on a video chat.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked with a hard client/what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website, and get the video interview on HireVue about two weeks later. There are five basic questions, each is about 1 or 1.5 minutes. Still waiting for the result.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted by one way video via Hire View. The instructions were unclear and because of that I did not do as best as I could. It was a series of questions and you would have 1 minute to prepare before it started recording. The questions were simple and gave me ample opportunity to show myself off. Overall, not horrible, but not a fan of video interviews

Accounting & Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online, received an email asking for online video interview. It had seven questions and gave you a chance to practice before submit your interview. Then received in person interview request

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After about 1 week, I received an email inviting me to do a video interview on March 7th. The interview was required to be completed by March 10th.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite show?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

five questions that had to be answered through the computer. Was extremely awkward and weird. Questions through you off quite a bit. There was also a timed writing test. All past things i have read never said this, so i was quite surprised.

Virtual Reality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a video interview through HireView a few days later. They let you run through the questions once before recording. Pretty simple and easy. Haven't heard back yet after a couple weeks.

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

About one week after submitting an application, I received an email to complete a self-recorded video interview by the weekend. You could practice beforehand, but there were 4 video questions (30 seconds to prepare your answer, 1 minute to answer) and you could redo it once if you preferred. The last question was a timed (10 minutes) short answer asking how you would sell a prospective student on your school while giving them a tour.