Discovery Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

Communications & PR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Received a video interview - they flash 5 questions on the screen and you have up to 2 tries to answer each question. I got 4 verbal and 1 written question.

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I applied online. I got interviews after a couple weeks. It was online but there was no person. You can practice some of the questions. "Selfie" interview. 5 questions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I never spoke with an actual person- it was a digital interview through a service called HireVue, where you had to record videos of yourself answering questions and had a minute or so beforehand to prepare your answer and only one opportunity to re-record your response. There were 5 questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I have applied multiple times with Discovery. This, ultimately, was my dream job. I applied online for the position and the next day, I received an email saying that I was selected for an online interview and had three days to complete. I went through several rounds of practice interviews which really helped me in the process. However, I did not receive a response until two months later saying that I did not get the internship. I am highly disappointed that they did not select me, despite already having a degree in film and applying as a post-graduate student. In the email, the employer encouraged me to apply again for another internship with them which I will not do as they already burned that bridge. I know several other people from undergrad that applied for internships with Discovery and they did not get the internships as well. So I encourage others not to pursue even an internship with this company.

Interview Questions

• How did/would you resolve an issue with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

Heard back after 2 weeks for a video recording interview. I answered five questions to a recording of myself. You were allowed two tries. Just took it haven't heard back yet.

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

You fill out an online application (sans cover letter) and answer a couple of short/interesting questions. You then receive an email for a virtual interview where you record yourself answering 5 questions on a video chat.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked with a hard client/what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website, and get the video interview on HireVue about two weeks later. There are five basic questions, each is about 1 or 1.5 minutes. Still waiting for the result.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted by one way video via Hire View. The instructions were unclear and because of that I did not do as best as I could. It was a series of questions and you would have 1 minute to prepare before it started recording. The questions were simple and gave me ample opportunity to show myself off. Overall, not horrible, but not a fan of video interviews

Accounting & Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online, received an email asking for online video interview. It had seven questions and gave you a chance to practice before submit your interview. Then received in person interview request

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After about 1 week, I received an email inviting me to do a video interview on March 7th. The interview was required to be completed by March 10th.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite show?   1 Answer