Discovery Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Recorded an online interview with three simple questions. Then was contacted a few weeks later and spoke to a manager online. Was hired at the end of the call. Overall, not too difficult, but I knew an employee who flagged my application. Can take a while to hear back after you submit an application. They have thousands of applicants, but the first step is getting a recorded interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Discovery? What is your favorite Discovery show and why?   Answer Question

Manager Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the Director of Partner Success and had a 30 minute phone interview, then went on site for a one hour interview discussing 4 cases, then had two phone interviews, one with 2 team members and 1 with the VP of Partner Success. Lastly I was invited to go on site once again for a one hour interview with the same VP and a Senior Director. 5 total interviews with 7 different people. Overall everyone was nice and professional. The process lasted about 3 weeks and after that last interview I didn't hear from them for one week. I reached out and they responded that I was not being offered the position. During the interview process I am confident that I had the skills they were looking for, however they kept referring to fit. Fit is very ambiguous and leaves room for a lot of bias??? The position has been open for months, so I didn't end up with a good impression of the company or the team when I went through 5 interviews and was not hired for a position that has been open for 3 months. The questions were also all over the place. Not structured, kind of winging it. Not thought out questions, just coming up with them on the fly.

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was straightforward but VERY slow and drawn-out. Not sure if it had to do with the candidate pool OR the company not really knowing exactly what to look for in the job description, but seems to be the norm for most hiring in other departments within Discovery.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional goals   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Was interviewed by four different people at once. They ask you a lot of "gotcha" questions and one interviewer seemed to be googling things real time in order to find gaps in my resume. Was quite a long and intensive process for no offer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It took a few days after I applied to do the video interview and after that it took a little bit over a week before I was asked to do a second interview. The interviews were both pretty standard questions and everyone was so nice that it made it more comfortable

Director, Business Affairs Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in July 2016.

Interview

Human Resources reached out to me to discuss the position via a phone interview. We talked extensively about the current slate of productions, what the position would entail and the dynamic of the team I would be working with. It was also mentioned that an internal candidate was interviewing for the position and that should this person take the job they would consider me for other similar positions with the company.

Interview Questions

• Relating to my background and work experience as it tied into business affairs and the television industry.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview a week after I filled out the application online. I only made it to the first round of interview. The first round was a video interview, where you get to record your answers and send the video. the questions were pretty simple.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied via the website and then did a video interview. I was contacted for a second interview two and a half weeks later. The interview was pretty relaxed. I was asked a lot about my past internship experience and why I decided to apply for the internship. I recommend practicing before you do the video interview and really prepare some things you would like to say.

Interview Questions

• Which of your past internship did you enjoy the most and why?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

The interviewer works hard to ensure you are a good fit for the company as well as the company being a good fit for you. Staff was helpful. This company really wants to encourage its employers to appreciate their brand and understand their expected roles. The main demand the company has for someone in this position is mobility in the company. They lay out the expected goals directly if you ask.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

I was contacted to conduct an interview through an online video service that records you speaking. It only had four questions, so make sure to answer them thoroughly. They give you a round to practice, but during the real thing you have one minute to answer and cannot go back. I was never given an contact person though, which would have been nice to follow up with.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would get someone to watch a show that they've never heard of   Answer Question