Discovery Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.8

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview with hiring manager. Called in for a face to face interview. Due to internal process, its was a 2-month wait for any kind of respond

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application on the company website and two days later received an email notifying me that I had been selected to do a video interview. During the interview there was a round of practice questions where you can practice for as many times as possible. However, interview questions were not the same ones. Later, for the round of interview questions, there were five questions and most of them were predictable. Also, for every question you can answer it twice if needed.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Phone, followed by on site interviews with multiple staff members. Initial call was with recruiting agency. This was followed by a call from the corporate human resources to set up interview times. Upon arrival I was escorted to a conference room where several people conducted the interview, one at a time.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions such as software development syntax, questions regarding specific tools   1 Answer

Visual Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

applied through the company website and the first round was through online hirevu interview where i had to answer 4 basic questions.
    It was easy as you have to speak in front of the camera ans answer some basic questions about yourself and discovery.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They get back to you fairly quick. After completing an application, I was contacted 2 weeks later to do a virtual interview. They give you about 3 days to complete it and it's around 5 questions. From there you get contacted by a Discovery Communication's HR member if your qualifications match up. Now I am currently waiting for a response!

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and about 2 weeks later I received an invitation to complete a virtual interview. The process consisted of recording myself answering 8 questions. A month later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I accepted immediately and was told they would set up a time and date shortly. I have yet to hear back after a few weeks, even after I sent follow-up emails. Very unprofessional for a company that is well regarded.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in October 2016.

Interview

I had to follow a link in an email to a virtual interview site called Hireview. Hireview gives you the opportunity to practice using standard interview questions before you start the actual interview. The interview that I took was 5 questions long. I was shown the prompt and given 3 minutes to prepare before the recording started. The answer had to be one minute long. You have 2 shots to answer the question, but the second attempt is immediately kept and sent. It wasn't too bad, but it felt kind of awkward and I was nervous so my voice shook a lot. If you get nervous easily I recommend keeping a water bottle nearby to use between questions.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email two days after to do an online visual interview. I have to answer 5 questions and I have 1-2 minutes to prepare for each question.

Digital Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It's a video interview that letting you record yourself. All the questions are easy and basic ones. I applied for two positions, both of them send me interview email on Friday evening.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

Three interviews: The first one was with direct supervisor and the role was discussed in detail, one with Exec Producer and we discussed more about what the daily responsibilities would be, and one with General Manager and we discussed my personal fit with the organization.