Discovery Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery Communications Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website, and get the video interview on HireVue about two weeks later. There are five basic questions, each is about 1 or 1.5 minutes. Still waiting for the result.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted by one way video via Hire View. The instructions were unclear and because of that I did not do as best as I could. It was a series of questions and you would have 1 minute to prepare before it started recording. The questions were simple and gave me ample opportunity to show myself off. Overall, not horrible, but not a fan of video interviews

Accounting & Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online, received an email asking for online video interview. It had seven questions and gave you a chance to practice before submit your interview. Then received in person interview request

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After about 1 week, I received an email inviting me to do a video interview on March 7th. The interview was required to be completed by March 10th.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite show?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

five questions that had to be answered through the computer. Was extremely awkward and weird. Questions through you off quite a bit. There was also a timed writing test. All past things i have read never said this, so i was quite surprised.

Virtual Reality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a video interview through HireView a few days later. They let you run through the questions once before recording. Pretty simple and easy. Haven't heard back yet after a couple weeks.

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

About one week after submitting an application, I received an email to complete a self-recorded video interview by the weekend. You could practice beforehand, but there were 4 video questions (30 seconds to prepare your answer, 1 minute to answer) and you could redo it once if you preferred. The last question was a timed (10 minutes) short answer asking how you would sell a prospective student on your school while giving them a tour.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

Online video interview, fairly straightforward. You get two chances to record yourself answering each question, with 2 minutes allotted to each attempt. Five questions. The final question may be given in the form of a video

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite marketing campaign of the past year?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Evanston, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted via video recording, instead of video conference or phone call. It's quite obvious that they made every effort to make interviewees more comfortable with the process, and gave interviewees time to practice / rehearse before they start to record themselves. However, getting an interview without actual, human interaction was still very disorienting.

Interview Questions

• What experience prepared you for Discovery's internship program?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in March 2017.

Interview

Online digital interview, with only five questions. Interviewed for PR & Communications and Marketing positions. Additional interviews would have followed after this initial process. The INtern program began in June, and hiring is probably complete by early March.