Discovery Communications Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.7

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online (no referral), and a week later got an automated message asking me to take a video interview within 48 hours. I had to download the HireVue app and find a quiet, well-lit space to film in. The interview was 8 questions: two were typed "essays" (How did you find out about this job? Is temp to perm position OK?) and six were video responses. You got 30 seconds to read and prep for each video response and 1-3 minutes to record (based on the question). I got one try for each.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an invite to do a virtual interview that records your responses to a series of questions. Two days later I received an e-mail for an in-person interview in their NY office in which I spoke to two members of two different teams.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I was supposed to meet with three interviewers but only two were there. They were unfriendly at the reception. They didn't offer a tour of the facility, a drink, or a place to hang a jacket. During the interview they seemed uninterested, barely made eye contact, and had an overall cold feeling. It felt like they really did not want to be interviewing. They told me I would hear a decision by the end of the week. Didn't hear anything the next week. After I reached out without hearing anything for two weeks, they told me they filled the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Video recording. Definitely a little awkward since you have the timer and a recording of yourself to distract you, but the questions aren't too tricky and don't require long answers.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I never spoke with an actual person- it was a digital interview through a service called HireVue, where you had to record videos of yourself answering questions and had a minute or so beforehand to prepare your answer and only one opportunity to re-record your response. There were 5 questions

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted by one way video via Hire View. The instructions were unclear and because of that I did not do as best as I could. It was a series of questions and you would have 1 minute to prepare before it started recording. The questions were simple and gave me ample opportunity to show myself off. Overall, not horrible, but not a fan of video interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, received an email with a link to an online interview where you were filmed while answering questions (there was no one to talk to), very awkward and poor way to figure out the most qualified candidates. I personally don't have much experience talking to myself about myself.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

As I entered the building I was thrown off by the receptionist having his calls on speaker and slamming the phone and talking in an inappropriate manner to his fellow colleague. The vibe in the office is SUPER corporate. That wasn't the worst part yet, it was hands down THE worst interview I've ever been to. I met with two individuals who didn't have a structure to their interview, asked 3 random questions and were not interested at all and it showed instantaneously. Obviously I didn't qualify for them but I wouldn't want to work for a company like that anyway.

Interview Questions

• "So..... why are you here?" (with hand on chin and crossed legs)   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Long, but very to the point. There were at least 3 week breaks in between each round. First the online interview and then a short, casual conversation on the phone 3 weeks later about the job I would be doing and the division I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Writing Sample: Pretend you are hosting a college tour of your school. Explain the reasons why you chose your school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email two days after to do an online visual interview. I have to answer 5 questions and I have 1-2 minutes to prepare for each question.