Discovery Communications Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery Communications Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an invite to do a virtual interview that records your responses to a series of questions. Two days later I received an e-mail for an in-person interview in their NY office in which I spoke to two members of two different teams.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I was supposed to meet with three interviewers but only two were there. They were unfriendly at the reception. They didn't offer a tour of the facility, a drink, or a place to hang a jacket. During the interview they seemed uninterested, barely made eye contact, and had an overall cold feeling. It felt like they really did not want to be interviewing. They told me I would hear a decision by the end of the week. Didn't hear anything the next week. After I reached out without hearing anything for two weeks, they told me they filled the position.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discovery Communications in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and about 2 weeks later I received an invitation to complete a virtual interview. The process consisted of recording myself answering 8 questions. A month later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I accepted immediately and was told they would set up a time and date shortly. I have yet to hear back after a few weeks, even after I sent follow-up emails. Very unprofessional for a company that is well regarded.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It took a few days after I applied to do the video interview and after that it took a little bit over a week before I was asked to do a second interview. The interviews were both pretty standard questions and everyone was so nice that it made it more comfortable

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery Communications.

Interview

The interviewer works hard to ensure you are a good fit for the company as well as the company being a good fit for you. Staff was helpful. This company really wants to encourage its employers to appreciate their brand and understand their expected roles. The main demand the company has for someone in this position is mobility in the company. They lay out the expected goals directly if you ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Hartford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted to conduct an interview through an online video service called HireVue that it records you speaking. It had only 3 to 4 questions, you can have a practice round which I really recommend to do it before taking the real interview. It was a nice process, however I was really nervous, and I do not think I did good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

First you meet with HR then people on the sales team. They are really nice it was a very quick interview only a few basic questions about sales and Discovery and your background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two young women from HR. I should say they make you feel so worthless. First of all, you do a digital interview, basically speaking with the computer by yourself. It's definitely smart so no one wastes their time. Then I received an e-mail two weeks later for an in person interview. They told me to bring several resumes since I would be meeting the sales team. They rushed me, asked maybe 3 questions and I believe I was able to stand confident. However they said they would reach out to me in a week or two weeks. I asked if I wasn't going to be meeting with the team, they said it was a tricky day etc (which was very rude and unexpected). They had a stressful, and rude attitude. Overall interview wasn't good. Not sure if I'd hear back from them. An amazing company such as Discovery, has a terrible team that treats everyone like just a number. Even if I hear back from them, I don't think I'll go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied in April , got a video interview in May and a second in person interview in June. Good experience. They seemed nice. Sent follow ups and no response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR to do an at home video interview with 5 questions. Followed up via email and was asked to come in the following week, but it turns out they didn't even look at my video interview. Overall I really disliked their interview process and completely felt like just a number. They asked me to come back for another round of interviews which I declined because I didn't feel that their culture fit what I was looking for but was disappointed since their brand has a great reputation.