Discovery Communications Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.8

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

3 weeks after submitting application I received an email to do a video interview through HireVue. Questions weren't very difficult, but seeing yourself answer feels a little strange. It has been almost two months since that interview, and I am still waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite tv show on Discovery Network or otherwise?   Answer Question
    • What sets you apart as a candidate?   Answer Question
    • Name a marketing campaign you have seen lately that you were impressed with.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by Discovery for a video interview after 2.5 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring ) on April 5th 2017. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Accounting & Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online, received an email asking for online video interview. It had seven questions and gave you a chance to practice before submit your interview. Then received in person interview request

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a PM position at the end of November 2016, and about a week later an HR Recruiter got in touch with me to schedule a 30-minute phone interview. On the same day of the phone interview, I was contacted again to schedule an on-site interview with the SVP of the department, the team manager (who I already spoke with in the phone interview), another manager, and an Operational Director. Due to the holiday season, scheduling the on-site was delayed to the beginning of January 2017. In the second (and final) interview, I was basically led into a conference room and people came in one at a time, introduced themselves, and I had four separate 30-minute conversations getting to know the team members personally, discussing the position and how it impacts each team member, and how I could fit into the role.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview with hiring manager. Called in for a face to face interview. Due to internal process, its was a 2-month wait for any kind of respond

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application on the company website and two days later received an email notifying me that I had been selected to do a video interview. During the interview there was a round of practice questions where you can practice for as many times as possible. However, interview questions were not the same ones. Later, for the round of interview questions, there were five questions and most of them were predictable. Also, for every question you can answer it twice if needed.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Phone, followed by on site interviews with multiple staff members. Initial call was with recruiting agency. This was followed by a call from the corporate human resources to set up interview times. Upon arrival I was escorted to a conference room where several people conducted the interview, one at a time.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions such as software development syntax, questions regarding specific tools   1 Answer

Manager Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the Director of Partner Success and had a 30 minute phone interview, then went on site for a one hour interview discussing 4 cases, then had two phone interviews, one with 2 team members and 1 with the VP of Partner Success. Lastly I was invited to go on site once again for a one hour interview with the same VP and a Senior Director. 5 total interviews with 7 different people. Overall everyone was nice and professional. The process lasted about 3 weeks and after that last interview I didn't hear from them for one week. I reached out and they responded that I was not being offered the position. During the interview process I am confident that I had the skills they were looking for, however they kept referring to fit. Fit is very ambiguous and leaves room for a lot of bias??? The position has been open for months, so I didn't end up with a good impression of the company or the team when I went through 5 interviews and was not hired for a position that has been open for 3 months. The questions were also all over the place. Not structured, kind of winging it. Not thought out questions, just coming up with them on the fly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a hirevue online interview 2 days later. Dont think I did too well on it but we will see. The first question asked how you could benefit the company and why you are well suited for the job (the why should we hire you). The second was asking why do u want to work at discovery. The third is what discovery show comveys purpose of this companh the best. The last one I forgot but I answered it pretty well I think.

Interview Questions

• What discovery show do you think conveys the purpose of this comany the best?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discovery Communications (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on March and got the digital interview request 3 days later. This digital interview lasts 5 minutes, and asks 4 questions. You should dress properly and really really show your confidence. I am still waiting their response.

Interview Questions

• Which program do you think matches the mission of Discovery best, and why?   Answer Question