Discovery, Inc. Ad Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery, Inc. Ad Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at Discovery, Inc.

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

You fill out an online application (sans cover letter) and answer a couple of short/interesting questions. You then receive an email for a virtual interview where you record yourself answering 5 questions on a video chat.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked with a hard client/what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery, Inc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked for a video recording of me answering three predetermined questions. I advise you to take the practice round first. Then I received a phone interview where they went more in depth into my experience.

Ad Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then those get screened so got an email to do a video interview through HireVue (I think that is what it was called) and it was very different than I have ever experienced and had never head of it before. Basically, a question shows up on the screen, you have 30 seconds to prepare for it and then the timer starts and you have a minute (generally) to answer the question until it disappears. You are being recorded the entire time. HireVue does a great job at giving you tips on how to go about doing the interview and even gives you the option to do practice questions.

After I finished that I just waited to see what happens. I received a call a few weeks later for a phone interview and then I got the internship within five minutes of that phone call. (My case was a bit different in the timing than others)

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite show?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

After sending in a resume and cover letter I was asked to fill out a unique application on their website that asked questions about the company and about my opinion of certain marketing efforts. Following that I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked very typical questions but specific to the industry and he tried to determine my interest in the position/industry. He was very insightful and answered many of my questions. A week later I did a video recording interview where I had to respond to set questions in a 3 minute time limit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Ad Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc..

Interview

Video interview first with some easy questions, then phone interview with a manager in this department. Relatively straightforward, didn't need much preparation other than looking through resume. Talked for about 40 min about experiences, interests, why Discovery, etc.

Interview Questions

• How did you showcase leadership at your past internship?   Answer Question