Discovery, Inc. Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery, Inc. Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Discovery, Inc.

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

I had one phone interview with the team after speaking generally with the HR department

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery, Inc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received a survey about 2 weeks later asking if i was still interested. Then, I received an email to complete an online video interview. Video interview had 5 questions about Discovery and me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

First, did the online application. Then did a survey. After that was a computerized interview with 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• General questions why do you want for us? What's your favorite channel?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The process of applying summer intern of discovery this year is online application, survey, and two interviews. The first interview is an online video audition. I feel like it was not a tough interview, one needs to answer several interview questions and just to be oneself is gonna to be fine.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a very comfortable interview. I was contacted by an HR representative who gave my information to a hiring manager. My interview was around 30 minutes. I felt Discovery was looking out for my best interest as well. Questioning wether this was the right semester to intern. Everything went rather quickly!

Intern Interview

Interview

After the application deadline they sent out a survey to take by email. After that they emailed those who had been "selected" to an internship invitational. You talk to people from all sorts of departments. I talked to 8 and got an offer a few days after the career fair style invitational.

Interview Questions

• Not a real interview. Just talking and expressing interest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

First step is an informational phone interview and then an in person interview. It was very relax but it took forever to hear back. Be patient... It's worth it!! Great internship program.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc..

Interview

Submitted online application, received email notification about follow up responses. Was invited to an in-person interview with all the hiring managers and received a call several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a media firm given your background? (I interned in pharmaceutical companies exclusively)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Recorded a video interview with prompted questions and I had 1 minute to answer each question. There were four total questions - things such as 'Why Discovery?', and 'Tell us about your favorite character from one of our shows and why.' Then, I was contacted by a specific department and had a phone interview with the department.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite character on any Discovery network, and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc..

Interview

I originally applied online in February. Then in March I had to do the video interview answering four questions. About 2 weeks later I got a call from a hiring manager and had a phone call with him in April. The next day he said I was going to get the job. It was a casual conversation and very friendly.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't too hard. They were basic questions that you would expect to be asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation because interns get paid minimum wage.