Discovery, Inc. Production Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery, Inc. Production Interview Questions

Interviews at Discovery, Inc.

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. in March 2019.

Interview

Five to eight basic questions asked via HireVue. Basic introduction video at the beginning. You get two tries to answer the question asked. You can rewatch your first attempt but not your second.

Interview Questions

• What makes you excited to intern at Discovery?   Answer Question
  • What is your favorite show that has been shown on TV within the last year?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Discovery, Inc.

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc..

Interview

I applied online. I got interviews after a couple weeks. It was online but there was no person. You can practice some of the questions. "Selfie" interview. 5 questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked 4 questions by a computer program with 30 seconds - 1 minute to answer. The time restraints were technically fine up until the odd and irrelevant final question. I don't approve of the use of hirevue for job interviews--unless, of course, their desire is not to most accurately find out who is an ideal candidate but instead see who is most compatible with a robot.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other interns applying?   1 Answer
    • What Discovery Channel show best embodies our philosophy [keywords describing]?   1 Answer
    • What TV series best embodies the philosophy of its network/channel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied late February and got an email late March (approx 3 weeks) about an interview using HireVue. They asked three questions, 30 seconds to think about it, 1 minute to answer. It was complicated. It's hard to convey your personality and work ethics in one minute. Hopefully they overlook that and are willing to get a second opinion via actual interview or phone. I'm still waiting a reply.

Interview Questions

• What makes your standout from other candidates?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc..

Interview

I submitted an application, and I was contacted shortly (the next day) with an email inviting me to do a recorded interview. The interview wasn't too bad, a little weird since you were just talking to a computer. I didn't get contacted again, so I guess I didn't make it to the next stage in the process. Not a bad experience though. I appreciated the quick turnaround.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite show that has aired in the last year?   Answer Question