Disney ABC Television Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disney ABC Television Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney ABC Television.

Interview

A talent representative reached out via-email to schedule a phone interview. The phone screening followed by four in-person interviews. The process was relatively straightforward.However, the talent representatives were not great communicators.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney ABC Television (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter 2 weeks later for a 20-minute phone screen. The phone screen had normal questions about my previous experience and explaining why I was interested in the role. After the phone screen, things moved pretty quickly. I was contacted the same day to confirm a date and time to have a final round at the headquarters in the upcoming week. The final round consisted of individual interviews with the VP and 4 other Account Executives. The final round was conversational and friendly. Everyone wanted to get to know my personality and I got a lot of time to ask everyone questions about their time at the company (a lot of them have been working at the company for 15+ years). Make sure to know about the media industry and prep for the final round. Found out a week later about the decision made.

Interview Questions

• Why Disney ABC? How did you find out about this opportunity?   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney ABC Television.

Interview

Pretty easy, as long as you're qualified for the role you're applying to, you'll do fine.

Went long periods of time in between various steps.

I interviewed in person and was there for three hours. I followed up with the recruiter just to see if I was still in consideration, and nothing! CRICKETS.

If candidates are taking that much time out of their day, please value their time and follow up with them.

It's unprofessional that the recruiters do not follow up with candidates who came to do in person interviews with multiple people.

Digital Strategy and Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney ABC Television (Burbank, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then HR contacted me by phone to learn a bit more about my current position. Once I told him what my salary is at my current position, he said that it would be the same at ABC and that I definitely wouldn't be able to get more than that because then I would be making more than my manager. That really shocked me because it's ABC/Disney and I had no idea that the pay was so low. I really wasn't expecting him to tell me that I would be getting paid the same amount I currently make for much more work. Nonetheless, I took the interview to keep my options open and the interviewer was very strange. I interviewed with the woman who would be my supervisor and it felt like this was her first interview ever. I got a very bad vibe from her and the way the team is run. With every answer I gave, she kept talking about how much she is overworked, how much is on her plate, how little sleep she gets... It really turned me off from the company and position. I ended up not sending a thank you letter because between her attitude toward her position and the low pay, I decided I did not want to work there.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disney ABC Television (Burbank, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied with referral, received a call from HR two days later. 20 minute phone screen, then invited to an in-person interview a week later. Interviewers were very friendly and the interview was easy. I felt very confident about the interview and thought I had a good chance at getting the job. Received a call two weeks later informing me that I did not get the position.

ENG T V Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney ABC Television (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewed the the Tech Operation manager. Submit ed an audition tape of work done at another T.V. station that I had worked at. The rumor of my abilities was known in the circle of the completion, as there were only 5 local T.V. station in San Francisco at the tome. Therefore the interviewer did not ask a lot of questions of what I could do. The main thing was what my salary would be. He presented a price(to save money for the company) below what I was getting at the last job. He knew I was working there, and trying to get me away, so I told him that I was not going to work for less than that, and if anything, I wanted more, as I was not a beginner. He raised up to the point where I would be making more than the last place. I also told him, I knew they were negotiating the new contract with the union I would have to join, and I could be walking int a strike situation, which would be a financial pickle for me. That was another reason for a higher pay rate.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been a T.V. engineering. What I expected from the company. Like I said before, I sent an audition tape of work I did, and they called me, so there was not a lot of question.   1 Answer

Creative Development, Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney ABC Television (Burbank, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

This interview opportunity came from an employee referral. So it was never officiated through HR which made it more direct and personal. The process went very smoothly. I reached out the hiring manager's assistant to set up the interview, came in, and in addition to answering questions, I came with a presentation deck of some of the work I've done as well as discussed some of the ideas I had for the position. I was made to feel like I might be under-qualified so i was surprised to learn that the job went to the assistant whom had less than a year's worth of work experience. So the work place bureaucracy factored more highly in the hiring process than actual experience which is a bit dismaying. This is not the first instance I've heard of this happening, but I had never experienced it until now.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Disney ABC Television.

Interview

Two rounds. First an initial phone screen with the HR recruiter, then a skype-like interview with the manager for the position. I heard back from the recruiter a couple weeks later that they were offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• HR recruiter just asked me to talk a little bit about my level of experience with certain technical skills and some real-life experiences I'd had applying them.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Disney ABC Television (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

2 interviews. One with a recruiter, one with the executive I now work for! I applied online. I got a call to set up an interview. The first one lasted about 20 mins. The second one lasted about 25 minutes. Every step of the process was about a week away from each other.

Market Research Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Disney ABC Television in April 2016.

Interview

I initially applied for another market research position, but I was rejected from it. A month or so later, a recruiter reached out to me about this position and asked me if I was interested. I said yes and submitted my resume, had my interview, then submitted my resume again on the job site.

Interview Questions

• The basics of what interests me about working for Disney   1 Answer